Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Linden Golf and Country Club, nestled in the picturesque town of Puyallup, Washington, is a haven for golf enthusiasts and those seeking a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. With its lush green fairways, stunning views of the surrounding landscapes, and a rich history of providing an exceptional golfing experience, Linden Golf and Country Club is a beloved destination for golfers of all levels.
Whether you’re looking to perfect your swing, enjoy a round with friends, or host a special event against a backdrop of natural beauty, Linden Golf and Country Club invites you to embrace the timeless charm and warm hospitality that defines this treasured Pacific Northwest gem.
Linden Golf and Country Club History and Founding
The architect of Linden Golf and Country Club in Puyallup, Washington is William H. Tucker. The course was founded in 1926 and opened for play in 1927. It was originally a 9-hole course but was expanded to 18 holes in 1928 by Frank James.
Tucker was a prolific golf course architect, designing over 200 courses in his career. He was known for his classic, traditional designs that emphasized strategic play and natural beauty. Linden Golf and Country Club is a good example of Tucker’s work, with its rolling fairways, undulating greens, and mature trees.
The founding of Linden Golf and Country Club was the result of a group of Puyallup businessmen who wanted to create a private golf course for the community. They purchased a 160-acre tract of land and hired Tucker to design the course. The course was an immediate success and has been a popular destination for golfers ever since.
Linden Golf and Country Club has hosted a number of prestigious tournaments over the years, including the Washington State Open and the Pacific Northwest Amateur Championship. It is also a regular stop on the Pacific Northwest Golf Tour.
In addition to its golf course, Linden Golf and Country Club also has a clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, and other amenities. It is a popular destination for weddings, banquets, and other special events.
Here is a more detailed history of the founding of Linden Golf and Country Club:
In the early 1920s, a group of Puyallup businessmen led by Dr. E.E. Hulbert and Mr. W.A. Johnson began discussing the idea of creating a private golf course for the community. They felt that Puyallup was growing rapidly and needed a place where people could come together to enjoy recreation and socialize.
The group began searching for a suitable location for the course and eventually found a 160-acre tract of land on the east side of town. The land was owned by the Puget Sound Power and Light Company, which agreed to sell it to the group for a reasonable price.
Once they had secured the land, the group began to raise money to build the course. They sold memberships to individuals and businesses and also held a number of fundraising events.
In 1926, the group hired William H. Tucker to design the course. Tucker was a well-respected golf course architect who had designed a number of courses in the Northwest, including the Seattle Golf Club and the Tacoma Golf Club.
Construction on the course began in the spring of 1926 and was completed in the fall of 1927. The course was officially opened for play on September 24, 1927.
The original course was a 9-hole layout, but the group had plans to expand it to 18 holes as soon as possible. In 1928, they hired Frank James to design the back nine holes. James was another well-respected golf course architect who had designed a number of courses in the Northwest, including the Portland Golf Club and the Eugene Country Club.
The back nine holes were completed in the spring of 1929 and the course was officially opened as an 18-hole layout on May 1, 1929.
Linden Golf and Country Club has been a popular destination for golfers ever since it opened. It is a challenging course that offers golfers of all skill levels a fair test. The course is also known for its natural beauty and its well-maintained conditions.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Linden Golf and Country Club
There is no famous golf tournament held at Linden Golf and Country Club in Puyallup, WA. It is a private golf course that hosts a variety of local and regional tournaments throughout the year, but none that are considered to be “famous.”
Here are some of the tournaments that have been held at Linden Golf and Country Club in recent years:
- WJGA Winter Classic
- Puyallup/Sumner Chamber Tournament
- Summer Junior Camp
- Ladies’ Stagette Day
- PGA Junior League Practice
The WJGA Winter Classic is a junior golf tournament that is held in December each year. It is open to girls of all skill levels and is a great opportunity for them to compete against other top players in the region.
The Puyallup/Sumner Chamber Tournament is a charity golf tournament that is held in August each year. It is open to both members and non-members of Linden Golf and Country Club and is a great way to support the local community.
The Summer Junior Camp is a week-long golf camp that is held in August each year. It is open to boys and girls of all skill levels and provides them with instruction on all aspects of the game.
Ladies’ Stagette Day is a woman-only golf event that is held in August each year. It is a great opportunity for women to get together and enjoy a day of golf and camaraderie.
The PGA Junior League Practice is a weekly practice session for junior golfers of all skill levels. It is led by PGA professionals and is a great way for kids to learn and improve their golf skills.
While none of these tournaments are considered to be “famous,” they are all important events that support the local golf community. Linden Golf and Country Club is a great place to play golf and participate in tournaments throughout the year.
Linden Golf and Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
The Linden Golf and Country Club in Puyallup, WA is a private golf club with a limited number of memberships. The club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues, but there are some estimates and rumors available online.
The estimated initiation fee for an individual membership at Linden is $50,000, with monthly dues of $500. The estimated initiation fee for a family membership is $75,000, with monthly dues of $750.
Overall, the Linden Golf and Country Club is a high-end private golf club with exclusive membership. The membership costs and dues are likely to be significant, but the club offers a number of amenities and benefits to its members, including a challenging golf course, a well-maintained clubhouse, and a variety of social events.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about Linden Golf and Country Club membership:
- The club has a waiting list for new members.
- The club offers a variety of membership options, including individual, family, corporate, and social memberships.
- The club has a strict dress code and requires all members to wear proper golf attire.
- The club offers a variety of amenities and services to its members, including a golf course, clubhouse, restaurant, and pro shop.
Linden Golf and Country Club Amenities
Linden Golf and Country Club in Puyallup, Washington, typically offers a range of amenities to its members and guests. While specific amenities may evolve over time, here are some of the common amenities you might find at a country club like Linden:
- 18-Hole Golf Course: Linden Golf and Country Club is primarily known for its golf course, featuring 18 meticulously maintained holes designed to challenge and delight golfers of all skill levels.
- Practice Facilities: Most country clubs provide practice areas such as putting greens, chipping areas, and driving ranges for members to work on their golf skills.
- Clubhouse: A clubhouse is often the hub of social activities at a country club. It typically includes dining facilities, and a bar, and often hosts events and gatherings.
- Dining: Country clubs often have on-site restaurants or dining options, offering a range of cuisines from casual to fine dining.
- Swimming Pool: Many country clubs feature swimming pools, which can be a refreshing way to relax or exercise.
- Tennis Courts: Tennis enthusiasts may enjoy access to well-maintained tennis courts and possibly even tennis instruction.
- Fitness Center: Some country clubs have fitness facilities equipped with exercise equipment, classes, and personal trainers.
- Social Events: Country clubs often host a variety of social events, such as holiday parties, themed dinners, and member gatherings.
- Private Event Spaces: Country clubs may offer event spaces for members to host private functions, including weddings, corporate events, and family celebrations.
- Junior Programs: Many clubs have programs for junior members, including junior golf leagues and other activities for young members.
- Locker Rooms: Country clubs typically provide locker room facilities for members to store their personal items and change.
- Pro Shop: A pro shop on-site allows members to purchase golf equipment, apparel, and accessories.
Linden Golf and Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Linden Golf and Country Club, like many country clubs, typically hosts a variety of events and celebrations throughout the year for its members and guests. While the specific events can vary, here are some common types of events that you might be able to celebrate at a country club like Linden:
- Golf Tournaments: Country clubs often host various golf tournaments, including member-exclusive tournaments, charity events, and special holiday golf outings.
- Holiday Celebrations: Many country clubs host holiday-themed events, such as Easter brunches, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day dinners, Independence Day celebrations, Thanksgiving feasts, and festive New Year’s Eve parties.
- Weddings and Receptions: Country clubs often have beautiful settings for weddings and receptions. They provide event planning services and can accommodate both small, intimate ceremonies and large, lavish weddings.
- Corporate and Business Meetings: Some country clubs offer facilities for corporate meetings, seminars, and conferences, along with catering and event planning services.
- Social Gatherings: Country clubs may organize social events like wine tastings, cocktail parties, themed dinners, and dances for members and their guests.
- Junior Programs: For families, country clubs might offer events and activities for children, such as junior golf clinics, summer camps, and special youth-themed gatherings.
- Tennis and Racquet Events: If the club has tennis courts, there could be tournaments and social events related to tennis and racquet sports.
- Special Occasions: Country clubs often host events for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, and retirement parties.
- Live Entertainment: Some clubs arrange live music, entertainment, and performances for members and guests.
- Charity and Fundraising Events: Country clubs may host charity golf tournaments or galas to support local organizations and causes.
The dining options at Linden Golf and Country Club may vary depending on the club’s facilities, management, and member preferences. Country clubs typically offer a range of dining choices, which may include:
- Formal Dining: Many country clubs have a formal dining room where members can enjoy elegant, fine dining experiences. This may be used for special occasions, like anniversary dinners or formal events.
- Casual Dining: Country clubs often have more relaxed and casual dining areas or restaurants, where members can enjoy a variety of dishes in a comfortable setting. These areas are typically used for everyday dining.
- Bar and Grill: Some country clubs have a bar and grill area that offers a more relaxed atmosphere with pub-style food and a variety of beverages. It’s a great spot for a casual meal or to watch a game.
- Outdoor Dining: Country clubs with scenic views and pleasant weather often provide outdoor dining options, such as patios or terraces, allowing members to dine alfresco.
- Private Dining Rooms: Many country clubs offer private dining rooms or banquet facilities that can be reserved for special events, meetings, or private gatherings.
- Catering Services: Country clubs are equipped to provide catering services for weddings, parties, and other events, both on and off-site.
- Theme Nights: Some country clubs host theme nights or special dining events, like seafood nights, Italian buffets, or wine and dine evenings.
- Seasonal Menus: The club’s culinary team may create seasonal menus to showcase fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Linden Golf and Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
The dress code and guest policy at Linden Golf and Country Club, like at most country clubs, are designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and to ensure a pleasant and respectful atmosphere for all members and visitors.
Here are some common elements of dress codes and guest policies at country clubs:
- Golf Attire: Proper golf attire is typically required on the golf course. This often includes collared shirts, golf slacks or shorts, and golf shoes with soft spikes.
- Casual Dress: In casual dining areas, a neat and tidy appearance is usually encouraged. This may include collared shirts, neat jeans or slacks, and appropriate footwear.
- Formal Dress: Formal dining areas may have a more stringent dress code, often requiring collared shirts, dress shoes, and, for men, jackets or blazers.
- Swimwear: Swimwear is generally restricted to pool and poolside areas.
- Guest Registration: Members usually need to register their guests before they can use the club’s facilities. This helps the club manage the number of guests and ensures a smooth experience for all members and visitors.
- Limitations: There may be restrictions on the number of times a guest can visit, as well as the frequency with which the same guest can be invited by a member.
- Charges: Guests might be subject to fees or charges, depending on the club’s policies. Members are typically responsible for their guests’ conduct and fees.
- Courtesy and Behavior: Guests are expected to adhere to the club’s rules and policies and to behave in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
Linden Golf and Country Club in Puyallup, Washington, stands as a timeless destination that combines the beauty of the Pacific Northwest landscape with a commitment to providing a premier golfing and social experience. With its well-designed golf course, a range of amenities, and a focus on maintaining a sense of tradition and hospitality, Linden Golf and Country Club offers a place for golf enthusiasts, families, and those seeking a welcoming and picturesque setting for special events. Whether you’re a dedicated golfer or looking for a venue to celebrate life’s milestones, Linden Golf and Country Club embodies the enduring charm of a country club living in the heart of the Evergreen State.