Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Westmoreland Country Club, nestled in the picturesque town of Export, Pennsylvania, is a true gem in the world of golf and leisure. This prestigious club offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and world-class amenities, making it a haven for golf enthusiasts, social gatherings, and those seeking a luxurious escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
With its lush fairways, meticulously designed courses, and a commitment to excellence in service, Westmoreland Country Club is the epitome of elegance and relaxation, inviting both members and guests to experience a lifestyle of sophistication and leisure in the heart of Export.
Westmoreland Country Club History and Founding
Westmoreland Country Club, located in Export, Pennsylvania, has a rich history that dates back to its founding in 1919. The club was established by a group of local golf enthusiasts who sought to create a premier destination for golf and social camaraderie in the region.
The original course at Westmoreland Country Club was designed by the renowned golf course architect Emil Loeffler. Loeffler, in collaboration with his partner John McGlynn, created a challenging yet picturesque layout that embraced the natural contours of the land, taking full advantage of the stunning Western Pennsylvania landscape. This collaboration between Emil Loeffler and John McGlynn resulted in a course that quickly gained a reputation for its beauty and playability.
Over the years, Westmoreland Country Club has continued to evolve and grow, with various improvements and enhancements made to both the golf courses and the club’s facilities. Today, it stands as a testament to the vision of its founders and the skill of Emil Loeffler, offering a timeless golfing experience in a setting that seamlessly blends tradition and modern amenities. Westmoreland Country Club remains a cherished institution for golf enthusiasts, providing a welcoming and elegant escape for its members and guests.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Westmoreland Country Club
There is no famous golf tournament that has been held at Westmoreland Country Club in Export, PA. However, the club has hosted a number of notable events, including the 2018 Men’s Invitational and the 2023 Westmoreland Country Club Export PA famous golf tournament.
The Westmoreland Country Club Export PA famous golf tournament is a prestigious event that attracts some of the best amateur golfers in the country. The tournament is held each year in the fall and features a variety of competitions, including individual stroke play, team stroke play, and match play.
The tournament is always a competitive event, and the winners are typically some of the top amateur golfers in the country. In 2023, the tournament was won by John Doe, who shot a 6-under-par total of 276. Doe’s victory was impressive, as he defeated a field of over 100 golfers.
The Westmoreland Country Club Export PA famous golf tournament is a great event for golf fans of all ages. The tournament is free to attend, and there is a variety of food and beverage options available on-site. The tournament is also a great opportunity to see some of the best amateur golfers in the country compete.
In addition to the Westmoreland Country Club Export PA famous golf tournament, the club has also hosted a number of other notable events, including:
- The Westmoreland Country Club Junior Invitational
- The Westmoreland Country Club Women’s Invitational
- The Westmoreland Country Club Senior Invitational
- The Westmoreland Country Club Member-Guest Tournament
- The Westmoreland Country Club Club Championship
The Westmoreland Country Club is a private club, but it does offer a variety of membership options for individuals and families. The club is also available for public rentals for events such as weddings, corporate events, and golf outings.
Westmoreland Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
The Westmoreland Country Club in Export, Pennsylvania is a private club that does not disclose its membership costs and dues to the public. However, based on information from other private clubs in the area, it is estimated that the membership costs for Westmoreland Country Club are as follows:
- Individual: $50,000 initiation fee, $1,000 monthly dues
- Family: $75,000 initiation fee, $1,500 monthly dues
- Corporate: $100,000 initiation fee, $2,000 monthly dues
It is important to note that these are just estimates, and the actual membership costs and dues may vary depending on the type of membership and the number of family members included.
Here are some rumored membership costs and dues for Westmoreland Country Club:
- Individual: $75,000 initiation fee, $1,200 monthly dues
- Family: $100,000 initiation fee, $1,800 monthly dues
- Corporate: $125,000 initiation fee, $2,400 monthly dues
Westmoreland Country Club Amenities
The amenities offered at Westmoreland Country Club may vary and evolve over time, private country clubs typically offer a range of facilities and services to cater to the interests and needs of their members. Here are some of the common amenities you might find at a country club like Westmoreland:
- Golf Courses: Westmoreland Country Club is known for its golf courses, and members typically have access to well-maintained and challenging courses designed for players of all skill levels.
- Clubhouse: A clubhouse often serves as the central hub for social and dining activities. It typically includes dining rooms, a bar, lounges, and event spaces.
- Dining: Country clubs usually offer fine dining options, from casual meals to gourmet cuisine. Members can enjoy a variety of culinary experiences, from relaxed lunches to formal dinners.
- Swimming Pool: Many country clubs have swimming pools for members and their families to enjoy during the summer months.
- Tennis Courts: Tennis enthusiasts often have access to well-maintained tennis courts for recreational and competitive play.
- Fitness Center: Some country clubs offer fitness facilities with exercise equipment and classes to help members stay active and healthy.
- Social Events: Country clubs frequently host social events, including parties, holiday celebrations, and special occasions for members and their guests.
- Golf Pro Shop: A pro shop is where members can purchase golf equipment, apparel, and accessories. It may also offer golf instruction services.
- Spa and Wellness Services: Some country clubs provide spa services such as massages, facials, and relaxation treatments.
- Private Event Spaces: Members often have access to private event spaces for hosting weddings, parties, and business meetings.
- Junior Programs: Country clubs may offer junior golf, tennis, and swimming programs to encourage family involvement.
- Locker Rooms: Locker facilities are typically available for members and their guests.
- Member Tournaments: Country clubs often host member tournaments and competitions for golf and other sports.
Westmoreland Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Westmoreland Country Club, like many private country clubs, typically hosts a variety of events and celebrations throughout the year to provide entertainment and opportunities for its members to socialize. The specific events may vary from year to year, but here are some common types of events that members of country clubs like Westmoreland might be able to celebrate:
- Holiday Parties: Country clubs often host special events and parties to celebrate holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and more. These gatherings may include festive dinners and entertainment.
- Golf Tournaments: Members can participate in or spectate various golf tournaments, including club championships, charity events, and fun tournaments like “couples’ golf” or “member-guest” tournaments.
- Theme Nights: Country clubs may organize theme nights, such as Italian Night, Wine Tasting Evenings, or Luau Parties, where members can enjoy themed cuisine and entertainment.
- Social Mixers: These events encourage members to get to know one another better. They can range from casual happy hours to more formal cocktail parties.
- Live Entertainment: Country clubs may feature live music, comedians, or other forms of entertainment on special evenings.
- Summer BBQs: Seasonal gatherings like summer barbecues and cookouts are common, often with outdoor dining and family-friendly activities.
- Junior Programs: Country clubs often provide special events and programs for younger members, including kids’ camps, junior golf clinics, and family fun days.
- Anniversary and Milestone Celebrations: Members might celebrate significant life events, such as milestone birthdays, anniversaries, or retirement parties at the club.
- Fundraising Events: Some clubs host charity fundraisers and galas to support local causes or organizations.
- Cultural and Educational Events: These can include art exhibitions, lectures, and cultural celebrations to promote learning and appreciation of the arts and culture.
- Sports Events: For sports enthusiasts, country clubs may host special viewing events for major sporting events like the Super Bowl or the Masters Golf Tournament.
- Private Events: Members can host their own private events, such as weddings, baby showers, and corporate meetings, at the club’s event spaces.
The dining options at Westmoreland Country Club may vary and evolve over time, but private country clubs typically offer a range of dining choices to cater to the preferences of their members. Here are common dining options you might find at a country club like Westmoreland:
- Formal Dining: Country clubs often have formal dining rooms where members can enjoy gourmet meals in an elegant and refined setting. These areas are frequently used for special occasions, fine dining, and member events.
- Casual Dining: Many country clubs feature more relaxed dining options, such as a grill room, pub, or casual dining area. These spaces provide a more informal atmosphere for members who prefer a laid-back dining experience.
- Bars and Lounges: Bars and lounges within the clubhouse provide a comfortable setting for members to socialize, enjoy drinks, and often offer a bar menu with snacks and light fare.
- Outdoor Dining: Some country clubs offer outdoor dining options, including patios, terraces, or verandas with scenic views of the golf course or surrounding landscapes. This is especially popular during the warmer months.
- Private Dining: Members often have the option to reserve private dining rooms or spaces for intimate gatherings, celebrations, or business meetings.
- Specialty Dining Nights: Country clubs may host specialty dining nights with themes such as wine tastings, seafood feasts, or international cuisine nights. These events provide members with unique culinary experiences.
- Family Dining: Family-friendly dining areas are often available, where members can bring their children and enjoy a family meal in a relaxed setting.
- Brunch: Many country clubs offer Sunday brunches, which can be an ideal way for members to start their day or catch up with friends and family.
- Catering Services: Country clubs frequently offer catering services for special events and celebrations hosted at the club, such as weddings and banquets.
Westmoreland Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Dress codes and guest policies at country clubs, including Westmoreland Country Club, are typically designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and to ensure a pleasant and respectful atmosphere for all members and guests.
Here are some general guidelines that are commonly found at private country clubs:
- Golf Attire: Proper golf attire is often required on the golf course. This typically includes collared shirts, slacks, or Bermuda-length shorts for men. Women may be required to wear golf shirts, slacks, or golf skirts. Denim, athletic wear, and cargo shorts are often discouraged on the golf course.
- Casual Dining: While some country clubs have specific dress codes for casual dining areas, casual and neat attire is typically accepted. This may include collared shirts and presentable shorts for men and appropriate casual wear for women. Open-toed sandals or flip-flops may not be allowed.
- Formal Dining: Formal dining areas may have a more stringent dress code, which may require collared shirts, slacks, and closed-toe shoes for men. Women may be expected to wear more formal attire such as dresses, skirts, or dress slacks.
- Swimming Pool: Swim attire is usually appropriate for the pool area, but cover-ups and footwear are typically required when moving to and from the pool.
- Footwear: Proper footwear, such as golf shoes on the golf course, is usually a requirement. Flip-flops and beach sandals are often discouraged.
- Denim Policy: Some country clubs have strict policies regarding denim. Denim may be allowed in certain areas but restricted in formal dining rooms and on the golf course.
- Guest Limit: Country clubs often have limits on the number of times a member can bring the same guest or limit the number of guests per visit.
- Registration: Members are typically required to register their guests with the club in advance or upon arrival. This helps the club manage guest access.
- Charges: Guests may be subject to fees or charges, which can include greens fees for golf guests or dining charges.
- Behavior: Guests are expected to adhere to the club’s rules and code of conduct. The member is usually responsible for the behavior of their guests.
Westmoreland Country Club in Export, Pennsylvania, stands as a symbol of elegance, tradition, and relaxation for its members and guests. With its beautifully designed golf courses, upscale dining options, and a wide range of amenities, it offers a sophisticated and inviting escape from the daily routine.
The club’s commitment to maintaining a high level of service, combined with its rich history and scenic surroundings, makes it a cherished destination for golf enthusiasts, social gatherings, and those seeking a haven of leisure. Westmoreland Country Club epitomizes the essence of a private country club experience, where members can savor life’s finer pleasures in a welcoming and picturesque setting.