Los Coyotes Country Club is a private country club located in Buena Park, California. The club features a championship golf course, tennis courts, a swimming pool, a fitness center, dining facilities, and event spaces. The golf course was designed by William “Billy” Bell Jr. and has hosted several professional golf tournaments over the years. Los Coyotes Country Club also offers a variety of membership options, including golf, tennis, social, and corporate memberships. It is a popular destination for weddings, banquets, and other special events due to its picturesque setting and elegant facilities.
Los Coyotes Country Club History and Founding
Los Coyotes Country Club was founded in 1957 by a group of local businessmen and golf enthusiasts who were looking for a place to play golf and socialize in the Buena Park area. They purchased 400 acres of land that had been used for farming and ranching and began construction on the golf course and clubhouse.
The golf course was designed by William “Billy” Bell Jr., a renowned golf course architect who had previously designed other notable courses such as Torrey Pines and Bel-Air Country Club. The course was built to be challenging yet playable for golfers of all skill levels and has since become known for its scenic beauty and well-manicured fairways and greens.
Over the years, Los Coyotes Country Club has hosted several professional golf tournaments, including the PGA Tour’s annual event, the Los Angeles Open, in the 1960s and 1970s. The club has also been the site of several amateur and collegiate tournaments and has hosted numerous charity events and fundraisers.
Today, Los Coyotes Country Club remains a popular destination for golfers, tennis players, and social events in the Buena Park area. It is a proud member of the ClubCorp family of clubs, a network of over 200 private clubs and resorts across the United States and abroad.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Los Coyotes Country Club
One of the most famous golf tournaments held at Los Coyotes Country Club was the Los Angeles Open, which was a PGA Tour event that took place annually from 1968 to 1983. The tournament attracted many of the top professional golfers of the time, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tom Watson.
In 1970, Charlie Sifford became the first African-American to win a PGA Tour event in the modern era when he won the Los Angeles Open at Los Coyotes Country Club. Sifford’s victory was a significant milestone in the history of professional golf and helped pave the way for greater diversity in the sport.
In addition to the Los Angeles Open, Los Coyotes Country Club has also hosted several other professional and amateur golf tournaments over the years, including the U.S. Open sectional qualifying tournament, the Long Beach Open, and the Southern California PGA Section Championship.
Los Coyotes Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, Los Coyotes Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, it is common for private clubs to have initiation fees, monthly or annual dues, and food and beverage minimums that members are required to meet. It is estimated that Los Coyotes’ initiation fee is estimated to range from $30,000 to $100,000, with rumored annual dues ranging from $10,000 and more.
The cost of membership at Los Coyotes Country Club is likely to depend on several factors, such as the type of membership (e.g. golf, tennis, social), the level of access and privileges, and the current demand for membership.
Los Coyotes Country Club Amenities
Los Coyotes Country Club offers a variety of amenities for its members to enjoy, including:
- Golf Course: The centerpiece of Los Coyotes Country Club is its championship golf course, which was designed by William “Billy” Bell Jr. and features 18 holes of challenging yet playable golf. The course is known for its scenic beauty and well-manicured fairways and greens.
- Tennis Courts: Los Coyotes Country Club has several tennis courts available for members to use, with options for both singles and doubles play. The club also offers tennis clinics, lessons, and leagues for players of all skill levels.
- Swimming Pool: The country club has a large swimming pool with plenty of space for lounging and swimming laps. The pool area also features a hot tub and a poolside grill for snacks and refreshments.
- Fitness Center: Members can stay in shape at Los Coyotes Country Club’s well-equipped fitness center, which features cardio and weight training equipment, as well as group fitness classes.
- Dining Facilities: The club has several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill, and a bar and lounge. The menus feature a variety of dishes made with fresh, local ingredients.
- Event Spaces: Los Coyotes Country Club has several event spaces available for weddings, banquets, meetings, and other special events. The spaces can accommodate groups of varying sizes and feature scenic views of the golf course and surrounding landscape.
Overall, Los Coyotes Country Club offers a wide range of amenities and activities for its members to enjoy, making it a popular destination for golfers, tennis players, and social events in the Buena Park area.
Los Coyotes Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Los Coyotes Country Club offers several event spaces that can accommodate groups of varying sizes for weddings, banquets, meetings, and other special events. These spaces include:
- The Grand Ballroom: The largest event space at Los Coyotes Country Club, the Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 400 guests for a seated dinner and features a spacious dance floor, high ceilings, and elegant decor.
- The Terrace Room: The Terrace Room is a more intimate space that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated dinner. It features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of the golf course and surrounding hills.
- The Board Room: The Board Room is a smaller space that can accommodate up to 20 guests for a meeting or private dinner. It features a large conference table and executive-style seating.
In addition to its event spaces, Los Coyotes Country Club also offers several dining options for members and their guests, including:
- The Vista Grill: The Vista Grill is a casual dining venue that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu features classic American fare, including burgers, sandwiches, salads, and entrees.
- The Fairway Room: The Fairway Room is a more formal dining room that serves dinner only. The menu features upscale American cuisine with a focus on seasonal ingredients and locally sourced produce.
- The 19th Hole: The 19th Hole is a casual bar and lounge that offers a selection of beers, wines, and cocktails, as well as light snacks and appetizers.
Overall, Los Coyotes Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options to suit a range of preferences and occasions, making it a popular destination for special events and social gatherings in the Buena Park area.
Los Coyotes Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Los Coyotes Country Club has a dress code policy in place for all members and guests to ensure a certain level of decorum and respect for the traditions of the club. The dress code policy may vary depending on the time of day and the specific areas of the club that members and guests are using.
Generally, the dress code policy at Los Coyotes Country Club requires the following attire:
- Golf Course and Practice Facilities: Proper golf attire is required, including collared shirts, slacks or Bermuda shorts, and golf shoes. Denim, cutoffs, and athletic wear are not permitted on the golf course or practice facilities.
- Clubhouse: Business casual attire is appropriate in the clubhouse during the day, including collared shirts, slacks, dresses, and skirts. In the evening, more formal attire is required in some areas of the clubhouse, including jackets and ties for men and dresses or dress pants for women.
- Tennis Courts: Proper tennis attire is required, including tennis shoes and athletic wear. Denim, cutoffs, and other non-tennis attire are not permitted on the tennis courts.
In terms of guest policy, members are permitted to bring guests to the club, but they are responsible for ensuring that their guests comply with the dress code policy and other club rules and regulations. Guests are typically required to sign in at the front desk and may be subject to guest fees and other restrictions depending on the type of membership and the specific event or activity they are attending.
Overall, Los Coyotes Country Club’s dress code policy and guest policy are designed to maintain a certain level of sophistication and respect for the club’s traditions while still allowing members and guests to enjoy the amenities and activities available at the club.