Tulsa Country Club is a premier golf and social club located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The club was founded in 1908 by a group of prominent Tulsa businessmen who wanted to establish a private club that would cater to their social and recreational needs. Over the years, the club has become a beloved institution in Tulsa, attracting golfers and socialites from all over the city and beyond.
Tulsa Country Club Tulsa OK History and Founding
Tulsa Country Club was founded in 1908, when a group of Tulsa’s most prominent businessmen, including William Skelly, Harry Sinclair, and Tate Brady, came together to establish a private club for themselves and their friends. The club’s first course was a nine-hole layout designed by renowned golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast. The club quickly became a social hub for Tulsa’s elite, hosting numerous social events and golf tournaments.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Tulsa Country Club
The Tulsa Country Club has hosted several famous golf tournaments over the years, including the U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship in 1949, won by Beverly Hanson. The club has also hosted the Oklahoma Open, which is a professional golf tournament that attracts top players from around the region.
In addition, the Tulsa Country Club has hosted the Women’s Oklahoma Golf Association State Amateur Championship multiple times, including the most recent in 2020, won by Sydney Youngblood. This event is a major amateur tournament in Oklahoma, and many of the state’s top female golfers compete for the title each year.
The country club has also hosted numerous other amateur and collegiate golf tournaments, including the Southern Amateur Championship, the Southwestern Amateur Championship, and the Big 12 Women’s Golf Championship.
Many famous golfers have played at Tulsa Country Club, including legends such as Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer, and Sam Snead. The course is known for its challenging layout, beautiful views, and top-notch conditions, making it a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels.
Tulsa Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
Membership at Tulsa Country Club is by invitation only. Prospective members must be sponsored by current members and go through a rigorous application process. The initiation fee for new members is estimated at $35,000, with annual dues rumored to be $12,500. There is also a monthly food and beverage minimum of $200.
Tulsa Country Club Amenities
The Tulsa Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Championship Golf Course – An 18-hole course designed by renowned golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast, which is considered one of the best in the region.
- Tennis Courts – The club has several tennis courts, including hard and clay courts, which are available for members to use.
- Swimming Pool – The club’s swimming pool is a popular spot for members and their families to relax and cool off during the summer months.
- Fitness Center – The club has a state-of-the-art fitness center, equipped with modern exercise equipment, personal training services, and group fitness classes.
- Dining Options – The Tulsa Country Club offers several dining options, including the Grill Room, Dining Room, and Wine Cellar, which offer a range of culinary delights to suit all tastes.
- Event Spaces – The club has several event spaces, including a ballroom, banquet rooms, and meeting rooms, which are available for members to host weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- Pro Shop – The club’s pro shop offers a wide range of golf apparel, accessories, and equipment, as well as personalized club fitting services.
- Golf Practice Facilities – The club has extensive practice facilities, including a driving range, chipping green, and putting green, which are available for members to use to improve their golf game.
Overall, the Tulsa Country Club provides its members with a wide range of amenities, making it a popular destination for golfers, tennis players, fitness enthusiasts, and those seeking an elegant dining and social experience.
Tulsa Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Tulsa Country Club is a popular venue for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions. The club’s elegant ballroom can accommodate up to 300 guests, and its experienced event staff is dedicated to making each event a memorable one.
Tulsa Country Club offers several dining options, including the Grill Room, which serves casual fare and features a full bar and outdoor seating area, and the formal Dining Room, which offers a more upscale dining experience. The club also has a wine cellar and hosts regular wine dinners for members.
Tulsa Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Tulsa Country Club has a strict dress code that must be adhered to by all members and guests. Men are required to wear collared shirts and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts, while women must wear appropriate golf attire or dresses. Denim, shorts, and athletic wear are not permitted on the golf course or in the clubhouse.
The Tulsa Country Club allows its members to bring guests to the club, but guests must be accompanied by the member at all times. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s rules and regulations, including the dress code. Guests are allowed to use the club’s facilities, such as the golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, and dining areas, but they may be subject to additional fees. The club also has a limit on the number of times a guest can visit per year, and some facilities may have restricted guest access during peak hours. It is recommended that members check with the club’s staff for specific guest policies and guidelines.
In conclusion, Tulsa Country Club is a historic and prestigious institution that has been a beloved part of Tulsa’s social and recreational scene for over a century. With its stunning golf course, world-class amenities, and elegant dining options, the club offers a truly exceptional experience for its members and guests.