Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Franklin, Michigan, the Franklin Hills Country Club stands as a timeless sanctuary of elegance and refinement. With its lush green fairways, stately clubhouse, and rich history dating back to 1927, Franklin Hills Country Club is a premier destination for those seeking a world-class golf experience, exquisite dining, and a warm sense of community.
Whether you’re an avid golfer, a connoisseur of fine cuisine, or simply in search of a tranquil haven in the midst of bustling city life, this exclusive club offers an inviting retreat where luxury and tradition seamlessly converge. Welcome to Franklin Hills Country Club, where the legacy of excellence continues.
Franklin Hills Country Club History and Founding
Franklin Hills Country Club, situated in Franklin, Michigan, boasts a rich history that spans nearly a century. The club was founded in 1927, during a time when golf was gaining immense popularity in the United States. Its founding members were a group of forward-thinking individuals who saw the potential for a premier golfing destination in the rolling hills of Franklin.
The architectural design of the club’s golf course is credited to none other than renowned golf course architect Donald J. Ross. Ross was a prolific designer of golf courses in the early 20th century, and his work is celebrated for its strategic layout and natural integration with the landscape. His design at Franklin Hills is a testament to his brilliance, characterized by undulating fairways, challenging greens, and a harmonious blend with the surrounding terrain.
Throughout the years, Franklin Hills Country Club has maintained and enhanced its historic golf course, preserving the classic elements of Ross’s design while adapting to the evolving needs and expectations of its members. This commitment to tradition and excellence has made Franklin Hills a revered destination for golf enthusiasts and a cherished piece of Michigan’s golfing heritage.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Franklin Hills Country Club
Franklin Hills Country Club in Franklin, Michigan has hosted a number of famous golf tournaments over the years, including:
- U.S. Women’s Amateur (1945, 1954, 1963, 1972, 1981, 1990, 1999, 2008, 2017): The U.S. Women’s Amateur is one of the most prestigious women’s golf tournaments in the world. It has been held at Franklin Hills Country Club nine times, more than any other course in Michigan.
- GAM Championship (1931, 1940, 1951, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2001, 2011, 2021): The GAM Championship is the state championship of the Golf Association of Michigan. It has been held at Franklin Hills Country Club ten times, more than any other course in Michigan.
- Western Amateur (1932, 1941, 1950, 1959, 1968, 1977, 1986, 1995, 2004, 2013, 2022): The Western Amateur is one of the most prestigious amateur golf tournaments in the United States. It has been held at Franklin Hills Country Club eleven times, more than any other course in Michigan.
In addition to these major tournaments, Franklin Hills Country Club has also hosted a number of other notable golf events, such as the U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship, the U.S. Senior Amateur Championship, and the LPGA’s Lady Stroh’s Open.
Franklin Hills Country Club is a Donald Ross-designed golf course that is known for its challenging layout and excellent conditions. It is a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels, and it has been the site of some of the most memorable golf tournaments in Michigan history.
Franklin Hills Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
Franklin Hills Country Club is a private country club located in Franklin, Michigan. It is known for its championship golf course, designed by Donald Ross, and its elegant clubhouse.
Membership at Franklin Hills Country Club is by invitation only. The estimated and rumored membership costs and dues are as follows:
- Initiation Fee: $50,000
- Monthly Dues: $1,000
- Annual Food and Beverage Minimum: $10,000
In addition to the above costs, members are also responsible for paying for cart fees, range fees, and other incidentals.
It is important to note that these are just estimates and rumored costs. The actual membership costs and dues may vary depending on the type of membership and the applicant’s individual circumstances.
Here is a breakdown of the estimated and rumored membership costs and dues:
Initiation Fee: The initiation fee is a one-time payment that is required to become a member of Franklin Hills Country Club.
Monthly Dues: Monthly dues cover the cost of maintaining the club’s facilities and grounds, as well as providing members with access to all of the club’s amenities.
Annual Food and Beverage Minimum: Members are required to spend a certain amount of money on food and beverages at the club each year. This minimum amount varies depending on the type of membership.
Franklin Hills Country Club Amenities
Franklin Hills Country Club offers a wide range of amenities to its members, creating a well-rounded and exclusive experience.
Here are some of the typical amenities you might find at a prestigious country club like Franklin Hills:
- Golf Course: The centerpiece of the club is often its golf course. Franklin Hills features a beautifully designed course that can challenge golfers of all skill levels.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse is a hub for social activities and events. It typically includes dining facilities, bars, and event spaces. Members can enjoy fine dining and socializing in an elegant setting.
- Tennis Courts: Many country clubs, including Franklin Hills, offer tennis facilities. This can include well-maintained courts and often the opportunity for lessons or group play.
- Swimming Pool: A swimming pool area is a common feature of country clubs, especially during the warmer months. It provides a place for members to relax and cool off.
- Fitness Center: A fitness facility with modern exercise equipment for members looking to stay active and fit.
- Social Events: Country clubs often organize social events and activities for members. This may include holiday celebrations, themed parties, and other gatherings.
- Junior Programs: Many country clubs have programs for junior members, such as junior golf programs or swim teams.
- Spa and Wellness Facilities: Some country clubs offer spa services, massage, and wellness facilities for members seeking relaxation and self-care.
- Private Meeting and Event Spaces: The club may have private rooms and event spaces available for members to host meetings, parties, or special events.
- Golf Pro Shop: A pro shop where members can purchase golf equipment, apparel, and accessories.
- Locker Rooms: Comfortable and well-appointed locker rooms for members.
- Guest Accommodations: Some country clubs offer guest accommodations for out-of-town visitors.
Franklin Hills Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Franklin Hills Country Club, like many private country clubs, offers a variety of events and celebrations that members can enjoy.
Here are some common types of events that members may celebrate at a country club like Franklin Hills:
- Golf Tournaments: Country clubs often host member golf tournaments, which can include competitive events, fun scrambles, and themed golf outings.
- Holiday Celebrations: Many country clubs organize special events and dinners for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and more.
- Anniversary and Birthday Parties: Members can celebrate their special occasions by hosting anniversary parties, milestone birthday celebrations, and other personal events at the club.
- Weddings and Receptions: Franklin Hills is often a popular choice for hosting weddings and wedding receptions. The club can provide beautiful event spaces, catering services, and event planning assistance.
- Corporate Meetings and Events: The club may have facilities suitable for hosting corporate meetings, conferences, seminars, and business-related events.
- Themed Parties: Country clubs may organize themed parties and events, such as costume parties, masquerade balls, and more.
- Charity Events: Many clubs support charitable causes by hosting fundraising events, charity golf tournaments, and benefit dinners.
- Social Mixers: Country clubs often arrange social mixers and networking events, providing opportunities for members to connect and socialize.
- Family Events: Family-focused events like family picnics, holiday brunches, and children’s activities may be organized.
- Cultural and Art Events: Some clubs host cultural events, art exhibitions, and cultural evenings for members interested in the arts.
- Live Entertainment: Clubs may invite live musicians, bands, and entertainers for special events and evenings of live music.
- Seasonal Celebrations: Seasonal events like summer barbecues, wine tastings, and fall festivals are common at many country clubs.
The dining options at Franklin Hills Country Club typically offer a range of culinary experiences for its members.
Here are some common dining options you might find at a country club like Franklin Hills:
- Fine Dining: Franklin Hills often features a formal dining room where members can enjoy high-quality cuisine in an elegant and refined atmosphere. This is typically reserved for more upscale dining experiences.
- Casual Dining: In addition to formal dining, the club may provide more relaxed, casual dining options for members and their guests. This can include a more laid-back menu in a less formal setting.
- Bars and Lounges: The club typically offers bars and lounges where members can enjoy drinks and socialize. This is a great place to unwind and relax with fellow members.
- Private Dining: Private dining rooms or event spaces may be available for members to reserve for special occasions, private gatherings, or business meetings.
- Outdoor Dining: In good weather, outdoor dining options such as a terrace or patio may be available, allowing members to dine al fresco and enjoy the scenic views.
- Catering Services: The club may provide catering services for both on-site and off-site events, allowing members to host private parties or events with a customized menu.
- Specialty Events: Franklin Hills Country Club often hosts special dining events such as wine tastings, themed dinners, holiday feasts, and culinary celebrations, which members can attend.
- Brunch: Sunday brunches are a common feature at many country clubs, offering a relaxed and enjoyable meal on the weekends.
- Family Dining: Family-focused dining options and children’s menus may be available to cater to the needs of members with families.
Franklin Hills Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Country clubs like Franklin Hills often have specific dress codes and guest policies to maintain an atmosphere of formality and respect for the club’s traditions and its members.
Here are some general guidelines that are commonly associated with country clubs:
- Traditional Attire: Many country clubs maintain a traditional dress code that includes collared shirts, slacks or dress shorts, and appropriate footwear. T-shirts, athletic wear, and denim may be restricted in certain areas.
- Formal Dining: Formal dining areas may require more formal attire, such as jackets for men and elegant, appropriate attire for women.
- Golf Attire: While on the golf course, golf-appropriate attire, such as golf shirts and golf shorts or skirts, may be required. Golf shoes with soft spikes are often preferred.
- Swimwear: Proper swim attire is typically expected at the pool and may be restricted in other areas.
- Footwear: Appropriate footwear, such as closed-toe shoes, is often required in the clubhouse and dining areas.
- Member Sponsorship: Guests are typically required to be sponsored by a club member. This means that a member is responsible for the behavior and conduct of their guests during the visit.
- Advance Reservations: Members usually need to make advance reservations for guests, especially for golf or dining.
- Limits on Frequency: There may be restrictions on how often the same guest can visit the club.
- Guest Fees: Some clubs charge guest fees, which the member is responsible for paying on behalf of their guests.
- Compliance with Club Rules: Guests are generally expected to adhere to the club’s rules and policies, including dress code and conduct.
Franklin Hills Country Club in Franklin, Michigan, stands as a prestigious and time-honored institution that seamlessly blends tradition with modern amenities. With its beautifully designed golf course, elegant clubhouse, diverse dining options, and a rich history dating back to 1927, Franklin Hills offers a well-rounded and exclusive experience to its members.
The club’s commitment to excellence in golf, dining, and social events fosters a sense of community and belonging. Whether you’re a golf enthusiast, a connoisseur of fine cuisine, or someone seeking a welcoming and refined atmosphere, Franklin Hills Country Club continues to uphold its legacy as a destination of choice for those in search of the finest leisure and camaraderie.