TPC Michigan is a golf course located in Dearborn, Michigan, USA. It is a private golf club that was designed by Jack Nicklaus and opened in 1990. The course is part of the TPC Network, which is a network of golf courses owned and operated by the PGA Tour.
The course at TPC Michigan features 18 holes, with a par of 72. It is a challenging course with a variety of water hazards, sand bunkers, and tree-lined fairways. The course measures 7,261 yards from the back tees and has a course rating of 75.2 and a slope rating of 142.
In addition to the golf course, TPC Michigan also has a clubhouse, practice facilities, and other amenities. The clubhouse features dining options, a pro shop, and event spaces for weddings, corporate events, and other occasions.
Membership to TPC Michigan is by invitation only, and members have access to the golf course, clubhouse, and other amenities. The club also offers various membership categories, including full golf, corporate, and social memberships.
TPC Michigan History and Founding
TPC Michigan was originally founded as “The Wyndgate” in 1989 by a group of investors, with the vision of creating a premier golf club in the Detroit area. The club was designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, in collaboration with his design team.
The course opened for play in 1990 and quickly gained a reputation as one of the best courses in Michigan. In 1996, The Wyndgate joined the TPC Network, which is owned and operated by the PGA Tour. The club was then renamed TPC Michigan to reflect its new affiliation.
Since joining the TPC Network, TPC Michigan has hosted several professional golf tournaments, including the Senior Players Championship in 1993 and 1994, and the Buick Open Pro-Am in 1995. The course has also been ranked as one of the top 100 courses in the United States by Golf Digest.
Today, TPC Michigan is still a private golf club, and membership is by invitation only. The club is known for its challenging course, luxurious amenities, and commitment to providing a world-class golf experience for its members and guests.
Famous Golf Tournament held at TPC Michigan
TPC Michigan has hosted several notable golf tournaments over the years, including:
- Senior Players Championship: TPC Michigan hosted this PGA Tour Champions event in 1993 and 1994. The tournament was won by Jim Albus in 1993 and by Simon Hobday in 1994.
- Buick Open Pro-Am: TPC Michigan hosted the Buick Open Pro-Am in 1995. This event was part of the PGA Tour and featured a pro-am format, with professional golfers playing alongside amateur partners. The tournament was won by Duffy Waldorf.
- Ford Senior Players Championship: TPC Michigan hosted this PGA Tour Champions event in 2000. The tournament was won by Hale Irwin, who shot a final-round 64 to win by three strokes.
In addition to these professional tournaments, TPC Michigan has also hosted several amateur events, charity events, and corporate outings over the years. The course is known for its challenging layout, scenic beauty, and world-class facilities, making it a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels.
TPC Michigan Membership Costs and Dues
As a private golf club, TPC Michigan does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, it is known that membership to TPC Michigan is by invitation only, and prospective members must be sponsored by current members of the club.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
TPC Michigan Amenities
TPC Michigan offers a range of amenities to its members and guests, including:
- Golf Course: TPC Michigan features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. The course is known for its challenging layout, scenic beauty, and high level of maintenance.
- Practice Facilities: TPC Michigan has a full range of practice facilities, including a driving range, putting green, and a short game area. The club also offers golf instruction from PGA-certified professionals.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse at TPC Michigan features a variety of amenities, including dining options, a bar, and a pro shop. The clubhouse also has event spaces for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- Fitness Center: TPC Michigan has a fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and personal training services available. The fitness center also offers group exercise classes such as yoga and Pilates.
- Swimming Pool: The country club has a swimming pool for members and their guests to enjoy during the summer months.
- Tennis Courts: TPC Michigan has tennis courts available for members to use, with tennis instruction and clinics also offered.
- Social Events: TPC Michigan hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine tastings, and themed dinners.
Overall, TPC Michigan offers a wide range of amenities for its members and guests, making it a popular destination for golfers and non-golfers alike.
TPC Michigan Event Information and Dining Options
TPC Michigan offers a variety of event options, ranging from corporate outings and business meetings to weddings and social events. The club has several event spaces, including the clubhouse, the outdoor patio, and the golf course itself, which can be used for tournaments and other golf events.
For weddings and other special occasions, TPC Michigan offers a range of event packages, including catering options, floral arrangements, and décor. The club’s experienced event staff can help with every aspect of the planning process to ensure a memorable and stress-free event.
In terms of dining options, TPC Michigan has several choices. The Grille Room offers casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere, with a menu featuring classic American fare and daily specials. The Dining Room offers a more formal dining experience, with a menu featuring gourmet dishes and a selection of fine wines. The clubhouse also has a bar area with a variety of beers, wines, and cocktails available.
During the golf season, TPC Michigan also offers a variety of on-course dining options, including a halfway house with sandwiches, snacks, and beverages, and a beverage cart that circulates throughout the course.
Overall, TPC Michigan provides a range of event options and dining choices for its members and guests, making it a popular destination for special occasions and corporate events.
TPC Michigan Dress Code and Guest Policy
As a private golf club, TPC Michigan has a dress code policy for both the golf course and clubhouse. The dress code is designed to maintain a high standard of attire and to promote a respectful and professional atmosphere. The following is a summary of the dress code policy at TPC Michigan:
- Collared shirts and appropriate golf attire are required for all players.
- Shorts must be of Bermuda length and tailored.
- Denim, cargo shorts, cutoffs, athletic shorts, and T-shirts are not permitted.
- Soft-spikes only.
- Appropriate casual or business attire is required for all guests.
- Denim, athletic wear, shorts, and T-shirts are not permitted.
- Hats must be removed inside the clubhouse.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s dress code policy and conduct themselves appropriately.
- Non-member guests are limited to a maximum of six visits per year.
Overall, TPC Michigan’s dress code policy and guest policy are designed to maintain a respectful and professional atmosphere and to ensure that all members and guests feel comfortable and welcome.