Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
The Royal Oaks Country Club is a private golf and country club located in Dallas, Texas. It was founded in 1969 and has since become a premier destination for golfers and country club enthusiasts in the Dallas area. The Royal Oaks Country Club is a top-notch facility with a long-standing reputation for excellence in golf and country club experiences.
Royal Oaks Country Club History and Founding
The Royal Oaks Country Club was founded in 1969 by a group of Dallas businessmen who shared a passion for golf and the country club lifestyle. The original founders of the club included H. Ross Perot, Sr., Tom Luce, and John Murchison, among others.
The club’s founders purchased 200 acres of land in the north Dallas suburb of Plano and hired legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus to design the golf course. Nicklaus worked closely with his son, Jack Nicklaus II, to create a challenging and picturesque 18-hole layout that would become one of the premier golf courses in the Dallas area.
The club officially opened in 1972 and quickly became a popular destination for golfers and country club enthusiasts in the Dallas area. Over the years, the club has hosted numerous prestigious golf tournaments and events, including the 1984 USGA Senior Amateur Championship.
Today, the Royal Oaks Country Club continues to be a thriving and highly regarded private club, attracting members from across the Dallas area who appreciate its world-class golf course, exceptional amenities, and rich history.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Royal Oaks Country Club
The Royal Oaks Country Club has hosted a number of prestigious golf tournaments over the years, including the 1984 USGA Senior Amateur Championship. However, the most famous tournament held at Royal Oaks was the PGA Tour’s Byron Nelson Classic, which was held at the club from 1983 to 1985.
The Byron Nelson Classic was named after legendary golfer Byron Nelson, who was a longtime resident of the Dallas area and a member of the Royal Oaks Country Club. The tournament was first played in 1944 and became one of the most important events on the PGA Tour, attracting many of the top golfers in the world.
When the tournament moved to Royal Oaks in 1983, it marked the first time in nearly 20 years that a PGA Tour event had been held in the Dallas area. The event was a huge success and was won by golfers such as Craig Stadler, Lanny Wadkins, and Bob Eastwood.
Although the Byron Nelson Classic is no longer held at Royal Oaks, the club’s legacy as a premier golf destination in the Dallas area lives on.
Royal Oaks Country Club in Dallas TX Membership Costs and Dues
The cost of membership at Royal Oaks Country Club varies depending on the type of membership, with initiation fees and monthly dues applicable. The initiation fee for a full golf membership is estimated at $45,000 and more, with annual dues rumored at approximately $10,000 and more.
Royal Oaks Country Club Amenities
The Royal Oaks Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Championship Golf Course: The club’s 18-hole golf course was designed by Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus II and is known for its challenging layout and scenic beauty.
- Tennis Courts: The club features multiple tennis courts, including both outdoor and indoor courts.
- Swimming Pool: The country club has a large outdoor swimming pool, complete with lounge chairs and cabanas.
- Fitness Center: The club’s fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength training equipment, as well as group fitness classes.
- Dining: The club has multiple dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill room, and a bar and lounge.
- Pro Shop: The club’s pro shop offers a wide range of golf equipment, apparel, and accessories.
- Event Spaces: The club has multiple event spaces available for weddings, banquets, and other special events.
- Junior Activities: The club offers a variety of activities and programs for younger members, including junior golf and tennis lessons.
Overall, the Royal Oaks Country Club provides a full range of amenities and services for its members, making it a popular destination for golfers and country club enthusiasts in the Dallas area.
Royal Oaks Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
The Royal Oaks Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for members and their guests.
Event Spaces: The club has multiple event spaces, including a ballroom, private dining rooms, and outdoor patio areas. These spaces can accommodate a wide range of events, from small business meetings to large weddings and banquets. The club’s experienced event staff can help plan and execute events, including menu selection, decor, and entertainment.
Dining: The Royal Oaks Country Club has several dining options for members and their guests, including:
- Formal Dining Room: The club’s formal dining room offers an elegant atmosphere and a menu featuring classic American cuisine, as well as seasonal and regional specialties.
- Grill Room: The club’s grill room is a more casual dining option, with a menu featuring sandwiches, salads, and other lighter fare. The grill room also has a bar and lounge area.
- Patio Dining: The club’s outdoor patio areas offer beautiful views of the golf course and a relaxed atmosphere for al fresco dining.
- Private Dining Rooms: The club has several private dining rooms available for small groups or intimate gatherings.
In addition to its regular dining options, the club also hosts special events throughout the year, including holiday dinners, wine tastings, and themed dinners. Overall, the Royal Oaks Country Club offers a variety of dining options and event spaces to suit any occasion or preference.
Royal Oaks Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
The Royal Oaks Country Club has a dress code policy that is strictly enforced to maintain the club’s atmosphere of casual elegance. The dress code policy requires that members and their guests dress in a manner that is appropriate for the occasion and the area of the club they are visiting.
For men, the dress code requires collared shirts, slacks or tailored shorts, and appropriate footwear, such as golf or dress shoes. Hats are not allowed in the club’s indoor dining areas. For women, the dress code requires dresses, skirts, slacks, and appropriate footwear. Jeans, shorts, and athletic attire are not allowed in the club’s indoor dining areas.
The club also has a guest policy that requires members to accompany their guests at all times while on the club’s premises. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s dress code and other policies.
Overall, the Royal Oaks Country Club’s dress code and guest policy are designed to maintain the club’s atmosphere of sophistication and elegance, while ensuring that all members and guests feel comfortable and welcome.