Glenmoor Country Club is a private, members-only country club located in Englewood, Colorado. The club features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Pete Dye, as well as a driving range, putting green, and golf pro shop. In addition to golf, the club offers a variety of other amenities and activities, including tennis courts, swimming pools, a fitness center, and multiple dining options. Glenmoor also has a clubhouse that can be rented out for private events such as weddings, corporate meetings, and other special occasions.
Glenmoor Country Club History and Founding
Glenmoor Country Club was founded in 1984 by a group of prominent business leaders in the Denver area. The club’s founders wanted to create a private, members-only country club that would provide an exceptional golfing experience as well as a wide range of other amenities and social opportunities.
The club’s original location was in Cherry Hills Village, Colorado, but in 1999 it moved to its current location in Englewood, which features a larger property and a more expansive golf course. The new location also allowed for the addition of new amenities such as tennis courts, swimming pools, and a fitness center.
Over the years, Glenmoor has established a reputation as one of the premier country clubs in Colorado, offering its members a luxurious and exclusive experience with top-notch facilities and services.
Glenmoor Country Club was designed by renowned golf course architect Pete Dye, who is known for creating some of the most challenging and iconic golf courses in the world. Dye’s other notable golf course designs include TPC Sawgrass in Florida, Whistling Straits in Wisconsin, and Kiawah Island Golf Resort in South Carolina.
In addition to the golf course, Glenmoor’s clubhouse was designed by Denver-based architectural firm, Saiber Saiber Architecture. The clubhouse features a timeless design that blends traditional and modern elements, and provides members with elegant and comfortable spaces to relax and socialize.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Glenmoor Country Club
Glenmoor Country Club has not hosted any famous or notable golf tournaments. However, the club’s 18-hole championship golf course, designed by renowned golf course architect Pete Dye, has been recognized as one of the best courses in Colorado and has hosted numerous prestigious events.
In the past, the course has been the site of qualifying rounds for the U.S. Open and the U.S. Senior Open, as well as the Colorado Open and the Colorado Senior Open. The course has also been featured in numerous publications, including Golf Digest’s list of the “Best Golf Courses in Colorado.”
While Glenmoor may not be known for hosting major golf tournaments, it is highly regarded among golf enthusiasts for its challenging layout, beautiful scenery, and world-class facilities.
Glenmoor Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, Glenmoor Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. Membership fees and dues can vary depending on the type of membership and the amenities and services included.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Glenmoor Country Club Amenities
Glenmoor Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Golf Course: The club’s 18-hole championship golf course was designed by renowned golf course architect Pete Dye and features a challenging and beautiful layout.
- Driving Range and Practice Facilities: The club offers a driving range, putting green, and a short game area for members to improve their golf skills.
- Tennis Courts: Glenmoor has six outdoor tennis courts and two indoor courts, as well as a variety of tennis programs and lessons.
- Swimming Pools: The country club has both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, as well as a children’s splash pool.
- Fitness Center: The fitness center offers state-of-the-art equipment and a variety of group fitness classes.
- Dining Options: Glenmoor has multiple dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill room, and a patio overlooking the golf course.
- Clubhouse: The club’s elegant clubhouse is the perfect place to relax and socialize with other members, and can also be rented out for private events.
- Youth Programs: Glenmoor offers a variety of youth programs, including junior golf and tennis programs, a swim team, and summer camps.
Overall, Glenmoor Country Club offers a wide range of amenities designed to provide members with a luxurious and exclusive experience.
Glenmoor Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Glenmoor Country Club offers a variety of event spaces for private functions, including weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions. The club’s elegant clubhouse and beautiful outdoor spaces provide the perfect setting for any event, with panoramic views of the golf course and the Rocky Mountains.
In addition to event spaces, Glenmoor also offers a variety of dining options for members and their guests, including:
- Formal Dining Room: The formal dining room offers a refined and elegant dining experience, perfect for special occasions and fine dining.
- Grill Room: The grill room is a more casual dining option, with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of menu options.
- Patio: The patio overlooks the golf course and is the perfect spot to enjoy a meal or a drink while taking in the beautiful views.
- Private Dining Rooms: For smaller groups or more intimate gatherings, Glenmoor offers several private dining rooms that can be reserved for private events.
- Catering: Glenmoor’s catering team can provide custom menus and catering services for any event, whether it’s a corporate luncheon, a wedding reception, or a birthday party.
Overall, Glenmoor Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options designed to provide members and their guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Glenmoor Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Glenmoor Country Club has a dress code policy that applies to all members and guests, which is intended to maintain a standard of dress that is appropriate for the club’s elegant atmosphere. The dress code policy includes the following guidelines:
- Golf Course and Practice Facilities: Men must wear collared shirts and either slacks or Bermuda-length shorts, while women must wear golf skirts, skorts, shorts or slacks with golf-appropriate tops. Jeans, denim shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops are not permitted.
- Clubhouse: In the clubhouse and other indoor areas, smart casual attire is appropriate. This includes collared shirts, dress slacks or tailored shorts, and appropriate shoes. Denim, t-shirts, athletic wear, and flip-flops are not permitted.
- Tennis Courts: Proper tennis attire, including tennis shoes and appropriate clothing, is required on the courts.
In addition to the dress code policy, Glenmoor also has a guest policy that requires members to accompany their guests at all times while on the property. Guests are permitted to use the club’s facilities, but may be subject to certain restrictions and fees.
It’s worth noting that specific dress code requirements and guest policies may vary depending on the type of event or function being held at the club. If you have any questions or concerns about the dress code or guest policy at Glenmoor Country Club, it’s best to contact the club directly for more information.