Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Barton Creek Country Club is a private golf and country club located in Austin, Texas, USA. It is situated in the rolling hills of Texas Hill Country and boasts four championship golf courses, including the Fazio Foothills, Fazio Canyons, Crenshaw Cliffside, and Palmer Lakeside courses. In addition to golf, the club offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, swimming pools, tennis courts, a spa, and multiple dining options. The club also has event spaces available for weddings, meetings, and other special occasions. Overall, Barton Creek Country Club is known for its scenic views, luxurious facilities, and exceptional golfing experiences.
Barton Creek Country Club History and Founding
Barton Creek Country Club was founded in 1985 by Gary Bradley, a real estate developer and former owner of the Austin Wranglers Arena Football team. Bradley purchased 4,000 acres of land in the Texas Hill Country with the goal of creating a luxurious golf and country club community. The first golf course, the Crenshaw Cliffside, was designed by professional golfer Ben Crenshaw and opened in 1986.
Over the next few years, the club continued to expand and develop its amenities, adding additional golf courses, a spa, a fitness center, tennis courts, and more. In 1991, the club opened its first hotel, the Barton Creek Resort, and Spa, which offered guests luxurious accommodations and access to all of the club’s amenities.
Throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, Barton Creek Country Club continued to thrive and attract members from around the country. In 2011, the club underwent a major renovation, which included upgrades to the golf courses, the addition of new dining options, and the renovation of the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces.
Today, Barton Creek Country Club remains one of the premier golf and country club communities in the United States, offering members and guests a range of world-class amenities and experiences.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Barton Creek Country Club
The Barton Creek Country Club has hosted several golf tournaments over the years, including several high-profile events. One of the most famous tournaments held at the club is the Barton Creek Challenge, a former PGA Tour event that was played on the Fazio Foothills course from 1996 to 2001. The tournament attracted top professional golfers, including Phil Mickelson, Davis Love III, and Fred Couples, and offered a total purse of $3 million.
In addition to the Barton Creek Challenge, the club has hosted several other notable golf events, including the Texas State Open, the Texas Women’s Open, and the AJGA Junior All-Star Invitational. The Fazio Foothills and Fazio Canyons courses have also been recognized as some of the best courses in Texas and have hosted many amateur and corporate golf outings.
Overall, the Barton Creek Country Club has a rich history of hosting top-notch golf tournaments and events, and its courses remain a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels.
Barton Creek Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, the Barton Creek Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, it is generally understood that joining the club requires a substantial initiation fee, which is estimated can range from $10,000 to $100,000 depending on the type of membership and the current market conditions.
In addition to the initiation fee, members are typically required to pay rumored annual dues which can range from $5,000 to $50,000, which cover the cost of operating and maintaining the club’s facilities and amenities. The exact amount of annual dues can also vary depending on the type of membership and other factors.
Barton Creek Country Club Amenities
Barton Creek Country Club offers a wide range of amenities and facilities for its members and guests, including:
- Four championship golf courses: Fazio Foothills, Fazio Canyons, Crenshaw Cliffside, and Palmer Lakeside.
- A full-service spa and wellness center, offering a variety of massage, skincare, and other treatments.
- A fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, group fitness classes, and personal training.
- Tennis facilities, including clay and hard courts, as well as tennis clinics and tournaments.
- Multiple swimming pools, including a resort-style pool and an adults-only pool.
- Fine and casual dining options include a steakhouse, a seafood restaurant, a sports bar, and a coffee shop.
- Event spaces for weddings, meetings, and other special occasions.
- Outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and fishing on nearby Lake Travis.
- A kids’ club, offering supervised activities and events for children of all ages.
- Access to exclusive events and programming, including guest speakers, wine tastings, and more.
Overall, Barton Creek Country Club is known for its luxurious amenities and world-class golfing experiences, as well as its welcoming community and stunning natural surroundings.
Barton Creek Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Barton Creek Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for members and guests. The club has multiple restaurants, bars, and lounges, offering a range of culinary experiences from fine dining to casual fare.
- Hill Country Dining Room: The club’s flagship restaurant, offering fine dining with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients and Texas-inspired cuisine.
- 8212 Wine Bar & Grill: A casual restaurant and bar serving classic American dishes, along with an extensive wine list and craft cocktails.
- Nopales: A poolside bar and grill serving Tex-Mex favorites, including tacos, burritos, and margaritas.
- Crenshaw’s Grill: Located at the Crenshaw Cliffside golf course, this casual eatery offers breakfast and lunch, as well as cocktails and snacks.
- Jim Bob’s Bar: A laid-back sports bar and lounge, featuring flat-screen TVs, pool tables, and a variety of beer and cocktails.
In addition to its dining options, Barton Creek Country Club also offers a range of event spaces for weddings, meetings, and other special occasions. These include:
- The Pavilion: An outdoor event space with scenic views of the Texas Hill Country, featuring a large covered patio and space for up to 1,200 guests.
- The Ballroom: A grand indoor space with elegant decor, ideal for weddings and other formal events.
- The Canyons Clubhouse: A rustic, Texas-style venue overlooking the Fazio Canyons golf course, perfect for intimate weddings and gatherings.
- The Sunset Room: A contemporary space with panoramic views of the golf course and the surrounding hills, suitable for corporate events and smaller gatherings.
Overall, Barton Creek Country Club offers a wide range of dining and event options, catering to a variety of tastes and preferences.
Barton Creek Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Barton Creek Country Club has a dress code policy in place that applies to all members and guests. The dress code is designed to maintain a professional and respectful atmosphere throughout the club and to ensure that all guests feel comfortable and appropriate.
The general dress code policy at Barton Creek Country Club requires that all guests wear appropriate attire at all times, including:
- Golf Attire: Golfers must wear collared shirts, golf slacks or shorts, and golf shoes. Denim, cargo shorts or pants, and athletic shorts or pants are not permitted on golf courses.
- Dining Attire: Dining attire is business casual or resort casual, and dress denim is permitted. Shorts are not permitted in the Hill Country Dining Room or the Crenshaw Lounge after 6:00 pm.
- Fitness Attire: Athletic wear is allowed in the fitness center and for tennis and fitness classes. Street clothing and bathing suits are not permitted.
Barton Creek Country Club also has a guest policy in place that limits the number of guests that members can bring to the club at any given time. The exact guest policy may vary depending on the type of membership and other factors, and members are advised to consult with club staff for specific details.
Overall, Barton Creek Country Club’s dress code and guest policy reflect its commitment to maintaining a respectful and professional atmosphere, and to ensure that all guests feel comfortable and appropriate.