Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Welcome to Windermere Golf Club, a picturesque oasis nestled in the heart of Cumming, Georgia. Renowned for its stunning natural beauty and meticulously designed fairways, Windermere offers an unparalleled golfing experience that caters to both seasoned enthusiasts and newcomers alike. With its lush landscapes, challenging course, and inviting clubhouse, Windermere Golf Club stands as a premier destination for those seeking to indulge in the timeless art of golf while immersing themselves in the charm of Georgia’s countryside. Join us as we embark on a journey of precision, camaraderie, and relaxation amidst the serene backdrop of Windermere’s rolling hills and pristine greens.
Windermere Golf Club History and Founding
Founded in 2000, Windermere Golf Club in Cumming, Georgia, is a testament to the harmonious blend of nature and golfing excellence. This masterfully crafted course was designed by Davis Love III, a renowned professional golfer, and respected golf course architect. Love’s meticulous approach to course design is evident throughout Windermere, as he artfully incorporated the natural features of the landscape into the layout, resulting in a challenging yet rewarding golfing experience.
The club’s founders envisioned creating a golfing haven that would not only offer a first-class course but also provide a warm and inviting atmosphere for golfers of all levels. Windermere Golf Club quickly gained a reputation for its commitment to quality and exceptional service, making it a beloved destination for both local golf enthusiasts and visitors from afar.
Over the years, Windermere Golf Club has become a cornerstone of the Cumming community, hosting countless tournaments, events, and gatherings that celebrate the sport and its rich traditions. With its idyllic setting, expert design, and a legacy rooted in a passion for the game, Windermere Golf Club continues to thrive as a cherished landmark in the world of golf.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Windermere Golf Club
There is no famous golf tournament that is held at Windermere Golf Club. Windermere Golf Club is a private golf club in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. It is a 9-hole golf course that was designed by Stanley Thompson. The club is open to members and their guests.
Some of the tournaments that are held at Windermere Golf Club include:
- The 1Lt Austin Shilling Memorial Golf Tournament is a charity golf tournament that is held each year to raise money for local charities.
- The Club Pro Championship is a tournament for professional golf club professionals that is held annually by the PGA of Alberta.
- The Hootie & the Blowfish Junior Golf Series is a junior golf tournament that is held in South Carolina.
Windermere Golf Club Membership Costs and Dues
The membership costs and dues at Windermere Golf Club are not publicly available. However, there are some estimates and rumors that can be found online.
One estimate puts the initiation fee for full membership at $25,000. The annual dues are estimated to be around $10,000. These costs are likely to be higher for a family membership.
Another rumor suggests that the initiation fee is closer to $50,000. The annual dues are also rumored to be higher, at around $15,000.
It is important to note that these are just estimates and rumors. The actual costs may vary depending on the specific membership type and other factors.
Here are some of the factors that can affect the cost of membership at a private golf club:
- The type of membership: There are typically different types of memberships available, such as full membership, family membership, and social membership. The cost of each type of membership will vary.
- The location of the club: Clubs in more desirable locations will typically have higher membership costs.
- The amenities offered by the club: Clubs that offer more amenities, such as a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a fitness center, will typically have higher membership costs.
Windermere Golf Club Amenities
Windermere Golf Club in Cumming, Georgia, offered a range of amenities to enhance the golfing and overall club experience.
Here are some of the amenities that were typically associated with Windermere Golf Club:
- 18-Hole Golf Course: Windermere features a meticulously designed 18-hole golf course by architect Davis Love III. The course is known for its challenging yet scenic layout, incorporating the natural beauty of the Georgia landscape.
- Practice Facilities: The country club likely offers practice areas, including a driving range, putting greens, and chipping areas, allowing members and guests to hone their golf skills.
- Clubhouse: A clubhouse serves as a central hub for socializing, dining, and relaxation. Members and guests can enjoy a comfortable atmosphere, possibly featuring dining options, a bar or lounge area, and possibly event spaces for special occasions.
- Pro Shop: The pro shop likely provides a variety of golf equipment, apparel, accessories, and professional advice from staff to help golfers improve their game.
- Lessons and Clinics: Golf instruction from experienced professionals might be available to golfers of all skill levels, ranging from private lessons to group clinics.
- Tournaments and Events: Windermere Golf Club may host various golf tournaments, leagues, and social events throughout the year to foster camaraderie among members.
- Fitness Facilities: Some golf clubs offer fitness centers or workout facilities to help members stay active and maintain their physical well-being.
- Swimming Pool: A swimming pool could be available for relaxation and enjoyment during the warmer months.
- Tennis Courts: Windermere might have tennis facilities for those interested in playing or learning tennis.
- Membership Benefits: Depending on the membership level, members might have access to exclusive events, discounts on merchandise, guest privileges, and more.
Windermere Golf Club Event Information and Dining Options
The general idea of what types of events and dining options golf clubs like Windermere often offer:
Event Information: Golf clubs like Windermere often host a variety of events throughout the year to engage their members and create a sense of community. These events can include:
- Golf Tournaments: Clubs often organize member tournaments, charity events, or open tournaments that allow members and guests to compete in a friendly and competitive environment.
- Social Gatherings: Clubs may host social events such as themed parties, wine tastings, holiday celebrations, and more to foster camaraderie among members.
- Lessons and Clinics: Golf instruction events, workshops, and clinics are conducted by golf professionals to help members improve their skills.
- Junior Programs: Events and activities catered to junior golfers, including clinics, lessons, and fun tournaments.
- Special Occasions: Private event spaces might be available for hosting weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- Member Leagues: Regularly scheduled member leagues for golfers to participate in ongoing competitions and improve their game.
Dining Options: Golf clubs typically offer a range of dining options to cater to various preferences:
- Clubhouse Restaurant: A restaurant within the clubhouse where members and guests can enjoy meals in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.
- Bar and Lounge: A bar area for members to relax, socialize, and enjoy drinks, cocktails, and light snacks.
- Patio or Terrace: Outdoor seating areas where diners can enjoy their meals while taking in scenic views of the golf course.
- Banquet and Event Catering: Services for hosting private events with customizable menus and catering options.
- Snack Bar or Grill: A casual eatery offering quick bites, sandwiches, and beverages for golfers to enjoy during or after their rounds.
- Sunday Brunch: Special brunch offerings on select days, are often a popular option among members.
Windermere Golf Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Golf clubs typically have dress codes and guest policies in place to ensure a respectful and enjoyable atmosphere for all members and guests.
Below is a general outline of what you might expect:
Dress Code: Golf clubs often have specific dress codes to maintain a certain level of decorum and respect for the game and fellow members. While the details may vary, a typical dress code at a golf club might include:
- Collared Shirts: Golfers are usually required to wear collared shirts, which can be either traditional polo shirts or golf-specific shirts.
- Slacks or Shorts: Proper golf attire often includes tailored slacks or shorts that are in good condition and appropriate length.
- Golf Shoes: Golf shoes with soft spikes or spikeless shoes are typically required to protect the course.
- No Denim: Many golf clubs prohibit denim clothing, including jeans.
- Hats and Visors: Hats or visors are often permitted, but backward-facing hats may be discouraged.
- Appropriate Footwear: Non-marking, closed-toe shoes are generally required in all clubhouse areas.
It’s important to note that dress codes can vary between the golf course itself and the clubhouse areas. Some clubs may be more relaxed in their dress code policies, while others may have stricter requirements.
Guest Policy: Guest policies at golf clubs outline the rules and procedures for inviting non-members to play at the club. Here’s a general overview:
- Accompanied Guests: Many clubs require guests to be accompanied by a member. The member is typically responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s rules and etiquette.
- Limitations on Guests: There may be limitations on the number of times a guest can play at the club within a given time period.
- Check-In: Guests often need to sign in at the pro shop or clubhouse before their round of golf.
- Fees: There might be guest fees associated with playing at the club, and these fees could vary depending on factors such as the time of day, day of the week, and whether the guest is playing with a member.
- Etiquette: Guests are generally expected to adhere to the same etiquette and behavior standards as members.
- Reservations: It’s common for guests to play during non-peak times and to reserve tee times in advance.
Windermere Golf Club stands as a serene sanctuary for golf enthusiasts and those seeking an exceptional blend of natural beauty and golfing excellence. Nestled in the heart of Cumming, Georgia, the club’s meticulously designed course by Davis Love III harmoniously integrates with the picturesque landscape, offering a challenging yet rewarding golfing experience.
Beyond the fairways, Windermere fosters a sense of community through its diverse amenities, events, and gatherings, creating a welcoming space for members and guests to connect, learn, and enjoy the timeless game of golf. With its rich history, commitment to quality, and dedication to providing an inviting atmosphere, Windermere Golf Club continues to be a cherished destination where the joy of golf and the beauty of Georgia’s countryside unite.