Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Longue Vue Club in Verona, Pennsylvania, is a hidden gem nestled in the heart of the Allegheny River Valley. With its rich history and stunning natural beauty, this exclusive club offers a haven for those seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Whether you’re an avid golfer, a connoisseur of fine dining, or simply someone looking for a serene setting to relax and unwind, Longue Vue Club Verona provides a distinctive and welcoming environment that combines classic elegance with modern amenities. Discover a place where community, leisure, and recreation come together seamlessly in a picturesque setting that has captivated members and guests for generations.
Longue Vue Club History and Founding
The Longue Vue Club, located in Verona, Pennsylvania, has a storied history dating back to its founding in the early 20th century. This prestigious club was designed by none other than the renowned architect Robert Trent Jones Sr., a name synonymous with iconic golf course design.
Established in 1920, the Longue Vue Club was founded as an exclusive private club, with its architectural masterpiece, the golf course, serving as the centerpiece of its offerings. Robert Trent Jones Sr.’s design of the course is a testament to his exceptional talent, with meticulously crafted fairways and greens that challenge and captivate golfers of all levels. His architectural brilliance is evident in the strategic layout, making the Longue Vue golf course not only a challenging experience but also a picturesque one.
Over the years, Longue Vue Club has become more than just a golfing destination; it’s a cherished social hub for its members, offering exceptional dining, social events, and a sense of community in a beautifully landscaped setting. This historic club’s legacy is a tribute to its founders’ vision and Robert Trent Jones Sr.’s architectural expertise, combining natural beauty with a commitment to creating an unparalleled recreational and social experience for its members.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Longue Vue Club
The most famous golf tournament held at Longue Vue Club in Verona, Pennsylvania is the U.S. Amateur. Longue Vue co-hosted the 2023 U.S. Amateur with Oakmont Country Club, which is located just six miles away. It was the first time that the U.S. Amateur had been held at Longue Vue since 1966 when it hosted the Girls Championship.
The U.S. Amateur is one of the most prestigious amateur golf tournaments in the world. It is conducted by the United States Golf Association (USGA) and is open to any male amateur golfer who meets the eligibility requirements. The tournament is contested over six rounds of stroke play and match play, with the winner receiving the Havemeyer Trophy.
The 2023 U.S. Amateur was a thrilling event, with many talented golfers vying for the championship. In the end, it was 17-year-old Peter Hance who emerged victorious. Hance, a native of New Jersey, defeated fellow American Akshay Bhatia in the final match by a score of 3 and 2.
Hance’s victory at Longue Vue was a historic one. He became the youngest golfer to win the U.S. Amateur since Johnny Goodman in 1933. Hance’s victory also cemented Longue Vue’s place as one of the premier amateur golf courses in the United States.
In addition to the U.S. Amateur, Longue Vue has hosted a number of other prestigious golf tournaments over the years, including:
- The Tri-State Section PGA Championship
- The Western Pennsylvania Golf Association Amateur Championship
- The Pennsylvania Golf Association Amateur Championship
- The Swing For The Troops Golf Tournament
Longue Vue Club is a private club, but it is open to the public for special events and tournaments. The club’s golf course is a challenging one, with narrow fairways, undulating greens, and strategically placed bunkers. Longue Vue is a beautiful club with a rich history, and it is one of the premier golf destinations in Pennsylvania.
Longue Vue Club Membership Costs and Dues
Here are some estimated and rumored membership costs and dues for Longue Vue Club in Verona, PA:
- Charter Membership: $150,000
- Social Membership: $50,000
- Intermediate Membership: $25,000 (credited towards Charter or Social membership upon turning 40)
- Charter Membership: $10,000
- Social Membership: $7,500
- Intermediate Membership: Age-dependent (ranging from $3,000 to $5,000)
- National Membership: $5,000
Quarterly Food and Beverage Minimum:
- Charter Membership: $500
- Social Membership: $300
- Intermediate Membership: $200 (Intermediate I only)
- National Membership: $200
Second Century Capital Assessment:
- $1,000 per month for 60 months
Annual Golf Fees:
- Charter Membership: $3,500
- Social Membership: $2,500
- Intermediate Membership: $1,500
- National Membership: $1,000
It is important to note that these are just estimates and rumored costs. The actual membership costs and dues may vary depending on the membership type and the applicant’s age.
Here are some additional details about the different membership types:
- Charter Members: Charter members have full privileges at the club, including unlimited golf, tennis, pool usage, and dining.
- Social Members: Social members have full privileges at the club, except for golf. They are limited to two rounds of golf per month on certain days and with restricted times.
- National Members: National members have full privileges at the club, except for golf. They are limited to 12 rounds of golf per season.
- Intermediate Members: Intermediate members are limited to golf and other club privileges until they reach the age of 40, at which time they must upgrade to a Charter or Social membership.
Longue Vue Club Amenities
The Longue Vue Club in Verona, Pennsylvania, offers a range of amenities to cater to the interests and needs of its members. While specific amenities may evolve over time, here are some common amenities that you might find at a prestigious country club like Longue Vue:
- Championship Golf Course: Longue Vue Club is renowned for its beautifully designed golf course, which is a major draw for its members. The course typically includes 18 holes, manicured fairways, challenging greens, and scenic views.
- Practice Facilities: Many country clubs provide practice facilities, including driving ranges, putting greens, and chipping areas to help members hone their golf skills.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse often serves as the central hub for social activities, dining, and relaxation. Members can enjoy fine dining, casual meals, and social gatherings in the clubhouse.
- Tennis and Other Sports: Country clubs like Longue Vue often offer tennis courts, swimming pools, and sometimes additional sports and fitness facilities.
- Social and Event Spaces: Private clubs frequently have event spaces for weddings, banquets, parties, and other social events. Members can often reserve these spaces for their own special occasions.
- Wellness and Fitness: Some clubs include fitness centers or wellness programs to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Social Events: Longue Vue Club may host various social events and activities throughout the year, including holiday celebrations, themed dinners, and gatherings to foster a sense of community among members.
- Junior Programs: Family-oriented clubs may offer junior golf and tennis programs, as well as other activities for children and teenagers.
- Pro Shops: Golf and tennis pro shops often stock equipment, apparel, and accessories for members.
- Membership Services: The club may provide concierge services to assist members with reservations, event planning, and other member-related needs.
- Private Dining: Private dining rooms and event spaces may be available for special occasions and business meetings.
Longue Vue Club Event Information and Dining Options
The Longue Vue Club, like many private country clubs, typically hosts a variety of events and celebrations throughout the year for its members. While the specific events may vary, here are some common types of events that you can celebrate at a country club like Longue Vue:
- Golf Tournaments: Many country clubs host golf tournaments for members, which can range from casual outings to more competitive events.
- Holiday Celebrations: Country clubs often organize special events and dinners for major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and more.
- Seasonal Parties: Clubs may hold seasonal parties to mark the beginning or end of particular seasons, such as spring, summer, or autumn.
- Themed Dinners: Some country clubs offer themed dinners where members can enjoy cuisine from various cultures or regions.
- Wine Tastings: Wine enthusiasts may find wine-tasting events featuring a selection of wines from different regions.
- Social Mixers: Clubs often arrange social mixers, where members can meet and socialize with other members in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Special Occasions: You can celebrate special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or graduations by hosting events at the club.
- Corporate Events: Many clubs offer event spaces and catering services for business meetings, conferences, and corporate gatherings.
- Junior and Family Events: Country clubs often host family-oriented events and activities for juniors, including youth golf and tennis events, family fun days, and more.
- Charity Events: Some clubs may organize charity fundraisers, including golf tournaments, auctions, and benefit dinners to support charitable causes.
- Cultural Events: Clubs may host cultural events, such as art exhibitions, musical performances, or guest lectures.
- Member Appreciation Events: Clubs may hold events to show appreciation for their members, such as member appreciation days or special member-only outings.
Dining options at the Longue Vue Club may vary depending on the club’s facilities and current offerings. Typically, private country clubs like Longue Vue Club provide a range of dining options for their members. Here are some common dining options you might find:
- Formal Dining Room: Many country clubs have a formal dining room where members can enjoy elegant, upscale meals. These dining rooms often offer a fine dining experience with a carefully crafted menu.
- Casual Dining: In addition to formal dining, country clubs usually have more relaxed dining areas for members who prefer a casual atmosphere. These spaces might offer a more diverse and informal menu.
- Bar and Grill: A bar and grill area is often available, where members can enjoy lighter fare, cocktails, and a more relaxed setting. This space may be a popular spot for socializing.
- Terrace or Patio Dining: Many country clubs have outdoor dining options, such as terraces or patios, which provide beautiful views of the club’s surroundings. This is often a popular choice during pleasant weather.
- Private Dining Rooms: Some country clubs offer private dining rooms for special occasions or events. Members can reserve these spaces for private parties, meetings, or celebrations.
- Special Dining Events: Country clubs frequently host special dining events like themed dinners, wine tastings, chef’s tasting menus, and holiday brunches or dinners.
- Member-Only Events: Exclusive dining events for members may include member appreciation dinners, seasonal celebrations, and other member-focused gatherings.
- Catering Services: Country clubs often provide catering services for private events, weddings, and banquets, allowing members to host their special occasions at the club.
Longue Vue Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Dress codes and guest policies at private clubs like the Longue Vue Club are typically designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and respect for the club’s traditions and rules. These policies can vary from one club to another, and they are often enforced to ensure a pleasant and respectful environment for all members and guests.
Here’s a general guideline regarding dress code and guest policies that you might expect at a private country club:
- Golf Course and Tennis Courts: Clubs often have specific dress codes for their golf courses and tennis courts. This may include requirements for appropriate golf attire, such as collared shirts, slacks, golf skirts, and golf shoes. Tennis attire might include tennis-specific clothing and non-marking tennis shoes.
- Clubhouse: Members and guests are typically expected to dress neatly and in a manner that reflects the club’s standards when inside the clubhouse. This often means business casual or smart casual attire. Formal dining rooms may have more stringent dress codes, including jackets or ties for men and dresses or formal attire for women.
- Swimming Pool and Athletic Facilities: The attire for swimming pools and athletic facilities is usually swimwear or athletic wear, but it’s essential to follow any specific rules or restrictions set by the club.
- Private clubs often have policies regulating guest access. In general, members may be permitted to bring guests to the club but are usually expected to accompany them during their visit.
- Some clubs limit the number of times a specific guest can visit within a certain time frame.
- The club might charge guest fees for certain facilities, like golf, tennis, or dining, and these fees can vary depending on the club’s policies.
- Guests are typically expected to adhere to the club’s dress code and rules while on the premises.
The Longue Vue Club in Verona, Pennsylvania, embodies the essence of a classic and distinguished country club experience. With its exquisite golf course, elegant dining options, and a variety of social and recreational amenities, it offers a haven for members seeking refined leisure and a sense of community. While the specific offerings and traditions may evolve over time, the club’s commitment to providing a haven of relaxation, camaraderie, and quality is a testament to its enduring appeal.
Whether you’re an avid golfer, a lover of fine dining, or someone in search of an exclusive social retreat, Longue Vue Club upholds a tradition of timeless elegance and service excellence, making it a cherished destination for its members and guests.