Kingwood Country Club is a private country club located in Kingwood, Texas, a suburb of Houston. The club features a championship 18-hole golf course designed by Joe Lee, as well as a driving range, practice greens, and a golf shop. In addition to golf, the club offers tennis courts, swimming pools, a fitness center, and dining options. The club also hosts events such as weddings, banquets, and business meetings. Membership to the club is by invitation only.
Kingwood Country Club History and Founding
The Kingwood Country Club was founded in 1974 as part of the development of the Kingwood master-planned community. The community was developed by the Friendswood Development Company, a subsidiary of ExxonMobil, and the country club was intended to be a centerpiece of the community’s recreational offerings.
The golf course was designed by Joe Lee, a prominent golf course architect who was responsible for the design of over 200 golf courses in his career. The course opened for play in 1974 and has since hosted numerous golf tournaments and events.
Over the years, the Kingwood Country Club has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and offerings. In 2012, the club underwent a major renovation project that included updates to the golf course, clubhouse, and dining areas. The project was completed in 2014 and has helped to position the club as one of the premier country clubs in the Houston area.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Kingwood Country Club
The Kingwood Country Club has hosted several notable golf tournaments over the years. One of the most famous tournaments held at the club was the Houston Open, which was played at the Kingwood Forest Golf Club, a sister course of the Kingwood Country Club, from 1974 to 1983. During this time, the Houston Open was won by some of the biggest names in golf, including Arnold Palmer, Lee Trevino, and Curtis Strange.
In addition to the Houston Open, the Kingwood Country Club has also hosted the Shell Houston Open Qualifier, the Texas State Open, and the Houston Amateur Championship.
The club’s golf course, designed by Joe Lee, is known for its challenging layout and scenic beauty. The course features tree-lined fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and water hazards that come into play on several holes. The 18th hole, a par-4 that plays over a lake to a green protected by bunkers, is one of the most memorable holes on the course and a favorite of many golfers who have played at the club.
Kingwood Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, the Kingwood Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, it is known that membership to the club is by invitation only and that the initiation fee and annual dues are typically significant.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Kingwood Country Club Amenities
The Kingwood Country Club offers a wide range of amenities and facilities for its members, including:
- Golf: The club features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Joe Lee. The course includes a driving range, practice greens, and a golf shop.
- Tennis: The club has tennis courts available for use by its members. Lessons and clinics are also available.
- Swimming: The club has multiple swimming pools, including a lap pool, a family pool, and a children’s wading pool.
- Fitness: The country club has a fitness center with cardio and weight training equipment, as well as a variety of fitness classes.
- Dining: The club has multiple dining options, including a fine dining restaurant, a casual grill, and a bar.
- Events: The club has event spaces available for weddings, banquets, and business meetings.
- Social activities: The club offers a variety of social activities for its members, including holiday events, themed parties, and family-friendly activities.
Overall, the Kingwood Country Club provides a wide range of facilities and activities to suit the needs and interests of its members, making it a popular destination for golfers and non-golfers alike.
Kingwood Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
The Kingwood Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for its members and guests.
Event Spaces: The club has several event spaces available for weddings, banquets, and business meetings, including a ballroom, a banquet room, and several outdoor spaces overlooking the golf course. The club’s professional event staff can assist with planning and executing events, including catering and audiovisual services.
Dining Options: The club offers a range of dining options to suit various tastes and preferences, including:
- The Veranda Restaurant: The club’s fine dining restaurant offers a menu of gourmet dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant features an elegant dining room and outdoor seating with views of the golf course.
- The Grille: The club’s casual restaurant offers a menu of classic American fare, including sandwiches, salads, and burgers. The Grille also has a bar area with televisions showing sports events.
- The Turn: The club’s snack bar located on the golf course offers a selection of snacks, sandwiches, and beverages for golfers on the go.
- Private Dining: The club also offers private dining options for intimate gatherings and special events.
In summary, the Kingwood Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for its members and guests, providing a memorable experience for any occasion.
Kingwood Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
The Kingwood Country Club has a dress code that is designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and professionalism on its premises. Members and guests are expected to follow the dress code at all times.
The dress code for the golf course and practice areas requires collared shirts for men and appropriate golf attire for women. Denim, cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops, and athletic shorts are not permitted. Soft spikes are also required on the golf course.
The dress code for the club’s dining areas is business casual attire. Collared shirts and dress slacks are required for men, and comparable attire is required for women. Denim, shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, and athletic wear are not permitted.
As for the club’s guest policy, members are allowed to bring guests to the club, but the number of guests and the frequency of visits may be limited. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests follow the club’s rules and regulations, including the dress code. The club may also charge a fee for guest access to certain facilities, such as the golf course or swimming pool.
Overall, the Kingwood Country Club maintains a dress code and guest policy to ensure a high level of professionalism and etiquette on its premises. Members and guests are expected to respect these policies to ensure an enjoyable experience for all.