Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Nestled in the picturesque town of Stillwater, Minnesota, the Stillwater Country Club stands as a beacon of elegance and recreation in the heart of the St. Croix Valley. With its lush, manicured fairways and breathtaking views of the scenic St. Croix River, this premier country club offers an unparalleled golfing experience and a welcoming community atmosphere.
Whether you’re an avid golfer seeking a challenging round, a social member looking to connect with like-minded individuals, or a family in search of a beautiful venue for special events, Stillwater Country Club invites you to discover a world of leisure, camaraderie, and natural beauty right here in the historic town of Stillwater. Welcome to a life of refinement and relaxation at the Stillwater Country Club.
Stillwater Country Club History and Founding
The Stillwater Country Club, located in Stillwater, Minnesota, has a rich history dating back to its founding in 1924. This historic club was founded by a group of local golf enthusiasts who shared a passion for the game and the vision to create a premier golfing destination in the St. Croix Valley.
The club’s original golf course was designed by the renowned golf course architect Seth Raynor. Seth Raynor is celebrated for his innovative and challenging course designs, and his work at Stillwater Country Club reflects his commitment to creating courses that both test and delight golfers. His signature style, which often included strategically placed bunkers and distinctive green complexes, has left an enduring mark on the club’s layout.
Over the years, the Stillwater Country Club has evolved, expanding its facilities and enhancing its offerings to meet the needs and desires of its members. While maintaining its commitment to excellence in golf, the club has also become a hub of social activities, family events, and community engagement.
Today, Stillwater Country Club continues to honor its storied history while providing a vibrant and modern experience for members and guests. The club’s commitment to golf excellence and the preservation of its natural beauty, as envisioned by its founders and architect Seth Raynor, remains a source of pride and a testament to the enduring legacy of this treasured establishment.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Stillwater Country Club
The two most famous golf tournaments held at Stillwater Country Club in Stillwater, MN are the 3M Championship and the PGA Championship.
The 3M Championship is a PGA Tour event that has been held at Stillwater Country Club since 2019. It is one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the state of Minnesota. The tournament has been won by some of the biggest names in golf, including Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, and Hideki Matsuyama.
The PGA Championship is one of the four major championships in golf. It was held at Stillwater Country Club in 2002 and 2016. The tournament is known for its challenging course and its exciting finishes. The 2002 PGA Championship was won by Rich Beem in a sudden-death playoff against Tiger Woods. The 2016 PGA Championship was won by Jimmy Walker, who defeated Jason Day in a three-hole playoff.
Both the 3M Championship and the PGA Championship are major events for the city of Stillwater and the state of Minnesota. They bring in thousands of visitors and generate millions of dollars in economic activity. The tournaments also showcase some of the best golf courses in the country and provide a platform for the world’s top golfers to compete.
In addition to these two tournaments, Stillwater Country Club has also hosted a number of other prestigious golf events, including the Minnesota State Amateur Championship, the Minnesota State Open Championship, and the LPGA Solheim Cup. The club is known for its challenging course, its scenic views, and its warm hospitality.
Stillwater Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
Stillwater Country Club is one of the most popular country clubs in Stillwater, Minnesota, but it is also one of the most expensive.
Estimated and rumored membership costs and dues for Stillwater Country Club are as follows:
- Initiation fee: $15,000
- Monthly dues: $500
- Annual dues: $6,000
- Initiation fee: $20,000
- Monthly dues: $600
- Annual dues: $7,200
It is important to note that these are just estimates and rumors, and the actual membership costs and dues may vary.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when considering the membership costs and dues of a country club:
- Many country clubs also have a one-time capital improvement fee, which can range from a few thousand dollars to several tens of thousands of dollars.
- Some country clubs offer different membership categories, such as individual memberships, family memberships, and corporate memberships. The costs and dues for each membership category can vary.
Stillwater Country Club Amenities
The amenities offered at the Stillwater Country Club in Stillwater, Minnesota, can vary depending on the type of membership and the specific facilities available at the club. However, typical amenities at a country club often include:
- Golf Course: A well-maintained golf course designed to challenge and entertain golfers of all skill levels.
- Clubhouse: A clubhouse for social gatherings, dining, and events, which may feature a restaurant or dining facilities.
- Tennis Courts: Tennis facilities for members who enjoy playing the sport.
- Swimming Pool: A swimming pool for recreational and fitness purposes, often with poolside amenities.
- Practice Facilities: Areas for golf practice, which may include driving ranges, putting greens, and practice bunkers.
- Social and Event Spaces: Rooms and spaces available for private events, weddings, and social gatherings.
- Fitness Center: A fitness facility with exercise equipment for members to maintain an active lifestyle.
- Junior Programs: Programs and activities for children and young adults to engage in golf, tennis, and other recreational activities.
- Pro Shop: A shop offering golf equipment, apparel, and accessories for members.
- Locker Rooms: Facilities with lockers, showers, and changing areas for members.
- Dining: Dining options range from casual to fine dining, often with a variety of menus and cuisines.
- Social Events: Organized social events, such as parties, themed nights, and holiday celebrations.
- Club Activities: Various club-related activities and special interest groups that cater to members’ hobbies and interests.
Stillwater Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
The events that can be celebrated at the Stillwater Country Club may vary depending on the club’s offerings and the preferences of its members. However, here are some common types of events and occasions that are often celebrated at country clubs like the Stillwater Country Club:
- Golf Tournaments: Many country clubs host a variety of golf tournaments throughout the year, including member-guest events, club championships, charity tournaments, and more.
- Weddings and Receptions: Country clubs often provide a picturesque setting for weddings, with beautiful grounds and event spaces for ceremonies and receptions.
- Private Parties: Members can host private parties and celebrations, such as birthdays, anniversaries, and family reunions, in the club’s event spaces.
- Corporate Events: Businesses often choose country clubs for meetings, conferences, and corporate events due to their serene atmosphere and modern amenities.
- Holiday Celebrations: Country clubs frequently host special events for holidays like New Year’s Eve, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Social Events: Clubs may organize social events like themed parties, wine tastings, and member mixers to promote camaraderie among members.
- Junior Programs: Clubs may offer junior golf, tennis, and social events to engage young members and families.
- Dining Events: Dining at the club can include special events like wine dinners, chef’s tastings, and brunches.
- Member Appreciation Days: Country clubs often hold events to celebrate and appreciate their members, including member-guest days and appreciation parties.
- Charity Fundraisers: Many clubs participate in or host charity events, such as golf tournaments or galas, to raise funds for local or national causes.
The dining options at the Stillwater Country Club may vary depending on the club’s facilities and the services they offer. Typically, country clubs provide a range of dining options to cater to their members’ preferences. These dining options can include:
- Formal Dining: A formal dining room for upscale and fine dining experiences, often featuring a menu with gourmet dishes and an elegant atmosphere.
- Casual Dining: Casual dining areas, such as a grill room or bar, where members can enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere and a menu that includes classic comfort food, sandwiches, and casual fare.
- Patio Dining: Outdoor dining spaces, like a patio or terrace, where members can enjoy meals while taking in scenic views or fresh air.
- Special Dining Events: The club may host special dining events such as themed dinners, wine tastings, chef’s table experiences, and holiday brunches.
- Private Dining: Private dining rooms or event spaces that can be reserved for member-hosted events, parties, and celebrations.
- Member Lounges: Comfortable lounge areas where members can relax and socialize while enjoying beverages and light snacks.
- Banquets and Catering: Facilities for large banquets, weddings, and corporate events, with catering services tailored to the occasion.
Stillwater Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
The dress code and guest policy at the Stillwater Country Club, like at most private clubs, are designed to maintain a certain level of decorum, uphold the club’s standards, and ensure an enjoyable and respectful atmosphere for all members and guests. While the specifics of the dress code and guest policy may evolve over time, here are some general guidelines that are typically common at private country clubs:
- Golf Attire: Proper golf attire is usually required on the golf course and practice facilities. This often includes collared shirts for men and golf skirts or slacks for women. Golf shoes with soft spikes may be required.
- Casual Dress: In casual dining areas, members and guests may typically wear neat, clean, and appropriate casual attire. The specific dress code for casual dining areas may vary, so it’s advisable to check with the club for details.
- Formal Dining: For formal dining or special events, formal attire such as jackets, ties, and dresses may be required, and reservations may be recommended.
- Swimwear: Swimwear is typically allowed only in pool and poolside areas, and not in other club facilities.
- Denim Policy: Some clubs have restrictions on wearing denim in certain areas. Check with the club for their denim policy.
- Guest Privileges: Country clubs often allow members to bring guests to the club. Members usually need to register their guests with the club and accompany them during their visit.
- Limitations: There may be limitations on how often a particular guest can visit or restrictions on the number of guests a member can bring on any given day.
- Reciprocal Privileges: Some country clubs have reciprocal agreements with other clubs, allowing members to host guests from those clubs under certain conditions.
- Code of Conduct: Guests are typically expected to adhere to the club’s rules, including the dress code and behavior standards, just like members.
The Stillwater Country Club in Stillwater, Minnesota, embodies the essence of refined leisure and a welcoming community atmosphere. With its storied history, lush golf course designed by Seth Raynor, and an array of amenities, it offers a diverse range of experiences for its members and guests. Whether you’re a golf enthusiast seeking an exceptional round, a family in search of a charming venue for special occasions, or a social member looking to connect with others, the club has something for everyone.
With its picturesque setting and commitment to excellence, the Stillwater Country Club continues to be a cherished destination where lifelong memories are made. Welcome to a world of elegance and camaraderie at the Stillwater Country Club.