Arizona Country Club is a private country club located in Phoenix, Arizona. Founded in 1946, the club features a championship golf course, tennis courts, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and multiple dining options. The golf course was designed by renowned golf course architect William P. Bell has hosted many prestigious golf events, including the Phoenix Open. The club also offers a variety of social events and activities for its members. Membership at Arizona Country Club is by invitation only and is highly exclusive.
Arizona Country Club History and Founding
Arizona Country Club was founded in 1946 by a group of prominent Phoenix businessmen who were seeking a venue for social and recreational activities. The club was established on a 160-acre property that was once a horse ranch owned by the prominent financier and industrialist Charles M. Giddings.
The club’s founders hired renowned golf course architect William P. Bell designed the championship golf course, which opened for play in 1948. The course quickly gained a reputation as one of the best in the region and has since hosted many prestigious golf events, including the Phoenix Open.
Over the years, Arizona Country Club has evolved to become a premier private club in the Phoenix area, offering its members a wide range of recreational and social activities. The club has also played an important role in the development of the local community, supporting a variety of charitable causes and organizations.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Arizona Country Club
The most famous golf tournament held at Arizona Country Club is the Phoenix Open, also known as the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The tournament is part of the PGA Tour and has been held annually at Arizona Country Club since 1932, making it one of the oldest and most prestigious events on the Tour.
The tournament attracts some of the biggest names in golf and has a reputation for being one of the most exciting and well-attended events on the PGA Tour. In recent years, the tournament has drawn crowds of over 700,000 people, making it one of the largest sporting events in the United States.
In addition to the Phoenix Open, Arizona Country Club has also hosted a number of other golf events, including the U.S. Amateur Championship in 1971 and the U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship in 1951. The club has a rich history of supporting golf and has played an important role in the growth and development of the sport in the Phoenix area.
Arizona Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, membership costs and dues at Arizona Country Club are not publicly disclosed and may vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of membership, initiation fees, and annual dues. However, based on industry standards and rumors, membership costs and dues at Arizona Country Club are considered to be high and exclusive.
The initiation fee for membership at Arizona Country Club is estimated can range from $50,000 to $250,000 or more, depending on the type of membership. In addition to the initiation fee, members are typically required to pay annual dues, which are rumored to range from $10,000 to $20,000 or more.
Arizona Country Club Amenities
Arizona Country Club offers a wide range of amenities to its members, including:
- Championship Golf Course – The club features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by William P. Bell. The course has hosted many prestigious golf events, including the Phoenix Open.
- Tennis Facilities – The club has six lighted tennis courts, including two clay courts and four hard courts. The courts are available for play year-round.
- Fitness Center – The country club has a state-of-the-art fitness center, equipped with cardio and weight training equipment, as well as a yoga and Pilates studio.
- Swimming Pool – The club has a large swimming pool, perfect for lap swimming or relaxing with family and friends.
- Dining Options – The club has multiple dining options, including formal and casual dining rooms, a grill room, and a patio overlooking the golf course.
- Social Events – The club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine tastings, and themed dinners.
- Meeting and Event Spaces – The club has multiple meeting and event spaces available for private events, corporate meetings, and weddings.
Overall, Arizona Country Club offers a comprehensive array of amenities to its members, making it one of the premier private clubs in the Phoenix area.
Arizona Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Arizona Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for members and their guests. Here’s a closer look:
- Event Spaces – The club has several event spaces available for private events, including weddings, corporate meetings, and social gatherings. These spaces can accommodate groups of all sizes and offer stunning views of the golf course and surrounding landscape.
- Dining Options – Arizona Country Club has several dining options for members and their guests. The Main Dining Room offers formal dining, while the Grill Room provides a more casual atmosphere. The club also has a patio overlooking the golf course, which is a popular spot for outdoor dining and cocktails.
- Special Events – Throughout the year, the club hosts a variety of special events, including holiday parties, wine tastings, and themed dinners. These events provide a fun and festive atmosphere for members and their guests, and are a great way to socialize and connect with other members.
- Catering – In addition to on-site dining, Arizona Country Club offers catering services for off-site events. The club’s catering team can create custom menus and provide full-service catering for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
Overall, Arizona Country Club offers a range of event spaces and dining options to meet the needs of its members and their guests. The club’s culinary team is dedicated to providing delicious food and exceptional service, making it a popular destination for dining and special events in the Phoenix area.
Arizona Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Arizona Country Club has a dress code that is strictly enforced. The dress code varies depending on the area of the club, but in general, the following guidelines apply:
- Golf Course – Collared shirts are required for men, and shorts must be Bermuda length or longer. Women are allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as long as they have a collar or a mock collar. Denim, cargo shorts, and athletic wear are not permitted on the golf course.
- Tennis Courts – Proper tennis attire is required, including tennis shoes with non-marking soles. No denim or athletic wear is allowed on the tennis courts.
- Dining Areas – The dress code for dining areas varies depending on the time of day and the area of the club. In general, collared shirts and dress shorts or pants are required for men, and women are expected to wear appropriate attire. No athletic wear or beachwear is allowed in dining areas.
In addition to the dress code, Arizona Country Club has a strict guest policy. Members are responsible for their guests and must ensure that they comply with the club’s rules and regulations. Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times, and the number of guests allowed per member may be limited.
Overall, Arizona Country Club takes its dress code and guest policy seriously, and members are expected to comply with these rules to maintain the club’s high standards of excellence.