Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Welcome to Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club, a hidden gem nestled in the heart of Federal Way, Washington. Our prestigious club offers an unparalleled golfing experience and a tranquil country club setting that caters to both avid golfers and those seeking a welcoming community.
With lush fairways, impeccable greens, and an array of amenities, Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club is your premier destination for golf, social gatherings, and relaxation in the Pacific Northwest. Discover a world of leisure and excellence right here in Federal Way.
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club History and Founding
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club has a rich history dating back to its founding in the late 1960s. The club was designed by renowned golf course architect, William G. Teufel, who is celebrated for his exceptional course designs throughout the United States. Under his expertise, Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club was meticulously crafted to blend seamlessly with the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest landscape.
The club’s founders envisioned a serene oasis for golf enthusiasts and a welcoming community for families to enjoy leisure and recreation. Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club quickly became a testament to their vision, offering a meticulously designed 18-hole championship golf course that has delighted golfers of all levels for decades.
Throughout its history, Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club has continued to evolve, adding new amenities and maintaining the highest standards of excellence in the world of golf and country clubs. It remains a testament to the enduring legacy of its founders and the architectural brilliance of William G. Teufel.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club
The Washington State Women’s Open is a famous golf tournament held at the Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club in Federal Way, Washington. It is a 54-hole tournament that is open to professional and amateur golfers from all over the world. The tournament is typically held in June and has a purse of over $20,000.
The Washington State Women’s Open was first held in 2004 and has been won by some of the top female golfers in the world, including Lorena Ochoa, Cristie Kerr, and Paula Creamer. The tournament is a major event on the Pacific Northwest golf calendar and attracts a large field of players each year.
In addition to the Washington State Women’s Open, the Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club also hosts a number of other golf tournaments throughout the year, including the Boys and Girls Club Celebrity Golf Tournament and the Twin Lakes Invitational. The club is also a popular destination for corporate golf outings and other events.
The Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club is a member of the United States Golf Association (USGA) and the PGA of America. The club is also a member of the Washington State Golf Association (WSGA).
The Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club is a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels. The club offers a variety of membership options, including individual memberships, family memberships, and corporate memberships. The club also offers a variety of golf instruction programs for golfers of all ages.
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
The estimated and rumored membership costs and dues for Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club are as follows:
- Initiation fee: $100,000
- Monthly dues: $1,000
- Food minimum: $160 per quarter
It is important to note that these are just estimates and the actual costs and dues may vary.
Here are some additional details about the membership options at Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club:
- Individual membership: This type of membership is for individuals who are 21 years of age or older. It includes unlimited golf, access to the practice facility, and clubhouse privileges.
- Family membership: This type of membership is for families with children under the age of 18. It includes unlimited golf for the primary member and their spouse, as well as access to the practice facility and clubhouse privileges for the entire family.
- Corporate membership: This type of membership is for businesses that want to offer their employees access to Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club. It includes a variety of benefits, such as unlimited golf for a certain number of employees, access to the practice facility and clubhouse privileges, and the ability to host corporate events at the club.
Here are some of the benefits of being a member of Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club:
- Access to a challenging and well-maintained golf course
- Use of the club’s swimming pool, tennis courts, and fitness center
- Participation in the club’s many social events and activities
- The opportunity to meet and network with other members of the club
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club Amenities
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club in Federal Way, Washington, typically offers a range of amenities and services designed to enhance the experience of its members and guests. While specific amenities may evolve over time, here are some of the common amenities you might find at a golf and country club like Twin Lakes:
- Championship Golf Course: The centerpiece of the club is its 18-hole championship golf course, designed for golf enthusiasts to enjoy. This course is often meticulously maintained and offers a challenging yet rewarding golf experience.
- Pro Shop: A well-stocked pro shop provides golfers with equipment, apparel, and accessories. It may also offer club fitting and professional advice from staff.
- Practice Facilities: Most golf and country clubs include practice areas like a driving range, putting greens, and chipping areas for members to improve their golf skills.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse typically serves as a central gathering place and often includes amenities like a restaurant or dining facilities, a bar or lounge, and banquet and event spaces for special occasions.
- Swimming Pool: Many country clubs have swimming pools, which are a popular amenity for families and individuals to enjoy during the summer months.
- Tennis and Other Sports: Tennis courts and sometimes other recreational facilities like pickleball, fitness centers, or other sports facilities may be available.
- Social Events: Country clubs often host social events, parties, and gatherings, fostering a sense of community among members.
- Dining Options: Dining options within the clubhouse can include formal dining rooms, casual dining areas, and outdoor patios.
- Private Event Facilities: Many country clubs offer banquet and event spaces for weddings, parties, and corporate events.
- Fitness Center: Some clubs provide fitness facilities with modern exercise equipment.
- Junior Programs: Clubs often have programs for junior members, including junior golf clinics and camps.
- Member Services: Services like locker rooms, bag storage, and golf instruction may be available to members.
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club typically offers a range of events and occasions that members and guests can celebrate. The specific events may vary from year to year, but here are some common types of celebrations and events that you might find at a golf and country club like Twin Lakes:
- Weddings: Twin Lakes is a popular venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Couples often choose the scenic backdrop of the golf course for their special day.
- Anniversaries: Members can celebrate milestone anniversaries with family and friends in the club’s banquet and event spaces.
- Birthdays: The club may offer venues for hosting birthday parties and gatherings for members of all ages.
- Corporate Meetings and Events: The club’s facilities are suitable for hosting business meetings, conferences, seminars, and corporate events.
- Holiday Parties: Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club often hosts festive events for various holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and more.
- Golf Tournaments: Members may organize or participate in golf tournaments for various occasions, including charity events and club championships.
- Social Gatherings: The club typically hosts social events and mixers for members to network and socialize.
- Themed Dinners: Special-themed dinner nights, such as wine and dine evenings, may be organized for members to enjoy.
- Junior Programs: Events and activities tailored for junior members, including junior golf clinics and camps, are often offered.
- Charity Fundraisers: Twin Lakes may host charity fundraisers, golf events, or auctions to support local causes and charities.
- Tennis and Other Sports Events: Besides golf, the club may organize events related to other sports, such as tennis tournaments.
- Summer Pool Parties: For families, the club may arrange pool parties during the summer months.
Dining options at Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club typically cater to a variety of preferences and occasions. While specific menus and offerings can change, here are common dining options you might find at a golf and country club like Twin Lakes:
- Formal Dining: Twin Lakes often provides a formal dining room within the clubhouse. This is typically used for fine dining experiences and special occasions. Members and guests can enjoy an upscale atmosphere and a menu that may feature gourmet dishes.
- Casual Dining: Many country clubs have a more relaxed dining area where members and guests can enjoy a casual meal or a drink in a comfortable setting. This area may include a bar or lounge for socializing.
- Outdoor Dining: Outdoor patios or terraces may be available, offering a delightful setting to dine while enjoying scenic views of the golf course or the surrounding natural beauty.
- Catering Services: The club typically offers catering services for events and special occasions. This includes a variety of menu options that can be customized to meet the needs and preferences of those hosting events at the club.
- Member Events: Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club often hosts member events, such as themed dinners, wine tastings, and culinary experiences that provide a unique dining experience.
- Family-Friendly Dining: The club may offer family-friendly dining options, including a kid’s menu or special family nights, making it suitable for members of all ages.
- Special Occasions: Dining options can be tailored for special occasions like weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays, allowing members to celebrate in style.
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club, like many private golf and country clubs, typically has a dress code and guest policy in place to maintain a certain level of decorum and to ensure an enjoyable experience for all members and visitors. While specific policies can change over time, here’s a general overview of what you might expect:
- Golf Attire: Traditional golf attire is often required on the golf course, which may include collared shirts, golf shorts or slacks, and golf-appropriate shoes. Denim, cargo shorts, and athletic wear are often discouraged on the golf course.
- Clubhouse and Dining: The dress code in the clubhouse and dining areas may vary, but it generally leans towards a smart-casual or business-casual dress. T-shirts, flip-flops, and overly casual attire are often not permitted in these areas.
- Swimwear: Appropriate swimwear is typically required in and around the pool areas. Bathing suits and cover-ups are generally expected for pool activities.
- Tennis Attire: Tennis attire, including non-marking athletic shoes, is often expected on the tennis courts.
- Special Events: For special events, there may be specific dress code guidelines provided to members and guests. These could range from cocktail attire to black-tie formalwear, depending on the occasion.
- Member-Sponsored Guests: Typically, members are allowed to bring guests to the club, but there may be restrictions on the number of times a guest can visit and whether the same guest can be brought multiple times.
- Advance Notice: Members are usually required to inform the club in advance when they plan to bring guests. This helps the club manage guest access and ensure a positive experience for all.
- Guest Fees: Guest policies often include a fee for guests, which may vary depending on the type of guest (e.g., golf guest, dining guest) and the time of day.
- Responsibility: Members are usually responsible for their conduct and adherence to the club’s rules and policies of their guests.
Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club, located in Federal Way, Washington, stands as a haven for golf enthusiasts and a welcoming community for members seeking recreation and camaraderie. With its beautifully designed golf course, elegant clubhouse, and a range of amenities, Twin Lakes offers a blend of leisure and excellence.
Whether you’re looking to perfect your swing on the fairways, celebrate special occasions, or simply enjoy fine dining and social gatherings, Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club embodies the essence of a classic country club experience. This esteemed establishment continues to evolve while upholding its legacy of providing a serene and inclusive atmosphere for members and their guests, making it a cherished destination in the Pacific Northwest.