Marietta Country Club is a private golf and country club located in Kennesaw, Georgia, USA. It was founded in 1915 and has a rich history of providing its members with exceptional golf and recreational facilities, as well as a sense of community.
The club features a championship 27-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., which has been ranked among the top courses in Georgia. In addition to golf, the club offers a wide range of amenities, including tennis courts, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and dining options.
Marietta Country Club is known for its welcoming and friendly atmosphere, and members often participate in a variety of social events and activities throughout the year. It is also a popular venue for weddings and other special events, with several event spaces available for rent.
Membership at Marietta Country Club is by invitation only, and interested individuals must go through an application process to be considered for membership.
Marietta Country Club History and Founding
Marietta Country Club was founded in 1915, making it one of the oldest private golf and country clubs in Georgia. The club was originally located in Marietta, Georgia, and had a nine-hole golf course designed by George Cobb.
In 1963, the club moved to its current location in Kennesaw, Georgia, and commissioned Robert Trent Jones Sr. to design a new 18-hole golf course. The course opened in 1967 and was later expanded to 27 holes in 1980, with additional renovations and upgrades over the years.
Over the decades, Marietta Country Club has hosted several prestigious golf events, including the Georgia Open and the Georgia State Amateur Championship. The club has also played an important role in the local community, with members participating in charitable events and fundraising efforts.
In recent years, the club has undergone significant renovations and upgrades, including the construction of a new clubhouse, improvements to the golf course, and the addition of new amenities such as a fitness center and swimming pool.
Despite these changes, Marietta Country Club has remained committed to its founding principles of providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for members to enjoy golf and recreational activities, build friendships, and create lasting memories.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Marietta Country Club
Marietta Country Club has a rich history of hosting several prestigious golf tournaments, including the Georgia Open and the Georgia State Amateur Championship. Here are some of the notable tournaments held at the club:
- Southern PGA Championship: In 1975, Marietta Country Club hosted the Southern PGA Championship, which was won by Larry Nelson. This tournament was part of the PGA Tour’s predecessor, the PGA of America.
- Georgia Open: Marietta Country Club has hosted the Georgia Open several times, including in 2005, 2012, and 2018. The Georgia Open is an annual golf tournament that features top professional and amateur golfers from around the state.
- Georgia State Amateur Championship: The Georgia State Amateur Championship has also been held at Marietta Country Club several times, including in 1954, 1964, and 2014. This tournament is open to amateur golfers in the state of Georgia and has been won by several notable golfers over the years.
In addition to these tournaments, Marietta Country Club has also hosted several charity events and fundraising tournaments over the years, showcasing the club’s commitment to supporting the local community.
Marietta Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private club, Marietta Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, typically, private clubs like Marietta Country Club require members to pay an initiation fee when they join the club, followed by annual dues and possibly other fees for additional amenities or services.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Marietta Country Club Amenities
Marietta Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Golf Course: The club features a championship 27-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. The course has been ranked among the top courses in Georgia and features challenging holes with beautiful views.
- Tennis Courts: Marietta Country Club has several tennis courts, including hard and clay courts, available for members to use. The country club also offers tennis lessons and clinics for players of all levels.
- Fitness Center: The club has a fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and a variety of exercise classes, including yoga, Pilates, and cardio classes.
- Swimming Pool: Marietta Country Club has a large swimming pool that is open during the summer months. The pool area includes a snack bar, lounge chairs, and umbrellas.
- Dining: The club has several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grille room, and a bar. The menus feature a variety of cuisine, from classic American dishes to international specialties.
- Events Spaces: Marietta Country Club has several event spaces available for members to rent, including a ballroom, a terrace, and a private dining room. These spaces can be used for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- Social Events: The club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, themed dinners, and golf and tennis tournaments.
Overall, Marietta Country Club offers a wide range of amenities to its members, making it a great place to relax, socialize, and stay active.
Marietta Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Marietta Country Club offers several event spaces and dining options for its members and their guests. Here is some information about the club’s events and dining:
- Events: Marietta Country Club hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including golf and tennis tournaments, holiday parties, themed dinners, and more. The club also has several event spaces available for members to rent for their own special occasions, such as weddings, birthday parties, and corporate events.
- Dining: The club has several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grille room, and a bar. The menus feature a variety of cuisine, from classic American dishes to international specialties. The club also offers special dining events throughout the year, such as wine dinners, holiday brunches, and cooking classes.
- Reservations: Members can make dining reservations online through the club’s website or by calling the dining reservations line. For special events or larger parties, members can work with the club’s event planning team to coordinate details and make arrangements.
- Dress Code: Marietta Country Club has a dress code that varies depending on the occasion and the location of the club. Members should review the dress code policy before attending an event or dining at the club.
Overall, Marietta Country Club offers a variety of dining options and event spaces for members to enjoy, making it a great place to socialize and entertain guests.
Marietta Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Marietta Country Club has a dress code that applies to all members and guests. The dress code varies depending on the occasion and the location within the club. Here are some general guidelines for the dress code:
- Golf Course: Proper golf attire is required on the golf course and practice areas at all times. Men are required to wear collared shirts and tailored pants or shorts. Women are required to wear collared or crew-neck shirts and tailored pants, shorts, or skirts. Denim, cutoffs, and athletic wear are not allowed on the golf course.
- Clubhouse: The dress code in the clubhouse varies depending on the location. In general, casual attire is allowed in the grille room and bar, while more formal attire is required in the dining room. Denim is not allowed in the dining room at any time.
- Events: The dress code for events varies depending on the occasion and the invitation. Members should review the dress code guidelines for each event before attending.
Guests of members are required to adhere to the dress code as well. Members are responsible for informing their guests of the dress code policy and ensuring that they comply. If a guest does not comply with the dress code policy, the member may be asked to leave the club or the event.
Overall, Marietta Country Club has a dress code that is designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and respect for the club’s traditions. Members and their guests should review the dress code policy before attending the club to ensure compliance.