Mesa Country Club is a private, member-owned country club located in Mesa, Arizona. The club features an 18-hole championship golf course, a driving range, a putting green, and a short game area. In addition to golf, the club offers a variety of other amenities including a fitness center, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and multiple dining options.
The golf course at Mesa Country Club was originally designed by renowned golf course architect William F. Bell in 1948, and it has since undergone several renovations and upgrades to maintain its high standards. The course features a challenging layout with tree-lined fairways, strategic bunkering, and fast greens.
Membership at Mesa Country Club is limited to a select group of individuals and families, and there is currently a waiting list for new members. To inquire about membership or to schedule a tour of the club, interested individuals can contact the club directly through their website or by phone.
Mesa Country Club History and Founding
Mesa Country Club has a rich history dating back to its founding in 1948. The club was established by a group of local businessmen who shared a passion for golf and wanted to create a premier golf destination in Mesa, Arizona.
The original golf course at Mesa Country Club was designed by William F. Bell, a renowned golf course architect who is known for his work on courses throughout California and Arizona. Bell’s design featured a challenging layout with narrow fairways, strategic bunkering, and small, undulating greens.
Over the years, the course at Mesa Country Club underwent several renovations and upgrades to maintain its high standards. In the 1960s, the club hired renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. to redesign several holes on the course, including the par-5 18th hole, which is now one of the signature holes at Mesa Country Club.
In the 1990s, the club underwent a major renovation that included the construction of a new clubhouse, the addition of a fitness center, and the redesign of several holes on the golf course. Today, Mesa Country Club continues to be one of the premier golf destinations in Arizona, and it has hosted several high-profile golf events over the years, including the Arizona Open and the Phoenix Open qualifying tournament.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Mesa Country Club
Mesa Country Club has hosted several famous golf tournaments over the years, including the Arizona Open and the Phoenix Open qualifying tournament.
The Arizona Open is an annual golf tournament that attracts some of the top professional and amateur golfers from around the state. The tournament has been held at Mesa Country Club several times over the years, with the most recent event taking place in 2019. The tournament is known for its challenging course and competitive field, and it is a popular event among golf enthusiasts in Arizona.
Mesa Country Club has also hosted the Phoenix Open qualifying tournament, which is a prelude to the famous Waste Management Phoenix Open. The qualifying tournament attracts hundreds of professional and amateur golfers who are vying for a chance to compete in the main event. Mesa Country Club’s challenging course provides a great test for golfers who are looking to earn their spot in the Phoenix Open.
In addition to these tournaments, Mesa Country Club has also hosted several other golf events over the years, including charity tournaments, member-guest events, and more. The club’s rich history and challenging course make it a popular destination for golf enthusiasts in Arizona and beyond.
Mesa Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private, member-owned club, Mesa Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. Membership fees and dues can vary depending on several factors, including the type of membership, the initiation fee, and the annual dues.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Mesa Country Club Amenities
Mesa Country Club offers a wide range of amenities to its members, including:
- Golf Course: The centerpiece of Mesa Country Club is its 18-hole championship golf course. The course was originally designed by William F. Bell and has since undergone several renovations and upgrades to maintain its high standards. The course features a challenging layout with tree-lined fairways, strategic bunkering, and fast greens.
- Driving Range and Practice Facilities: Mesa Country Club offers a full driving range, putting green, and a short game area for members to work on their game.
- Tennis: The country club features six tennis courts, including two clay courts, two hard courts, and two pickleball courts. The courts are lighted for night play and are available for both recreational and competitive play.
- Fitness Center: Mesa Country Club’s fitness center offers state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment, as well as a variety of fitness classes and personal training services.
- Swimming Pool: The club’s swimming pool is a great place for members to relax and cool off during the hot Arizona summers. The pool features a large deck area with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Dining: Mesa Country Club offers several dining options for its members, including a formal dining room, a casual grille, and a bar and lounge area. The club also hosts regular social events, including wine tastings, themed dinners, and holiday parties.
- Event Spaces: Mesa Country Club offers several event spaces that can be rented out for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions. The club’s experienced event staff can help plan and execute events of all sizes and styles.
Mesa Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Mesa Country Club offers several event spaces that can accommodate a wide range of events, including weddings, corporate events, charity events, and social gatherings. The club’s event spaces include:
- The Ballroom: Mesa Country Club’s spacious ballroom can accommodate up to 350 guests and features a dance floor, stage, and audio-visual equipment.
- The Terrace Room: The Terrace Room is a more intimate event space that can accommodate up to 75 guests. It features floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the golf course and mountains.
- The Board Room: The Board Room is a small meeting space that can accommodate up to 12 guests. It features a conference table and audio-visual equipment.
- The Patio: The club’s outdoor patio is a great space for cocktail parties, barbecues, and other outdoor events. It can accommodate up to 100 guests and features views of the golf course and mountains.
In addition to its event spaces, Mesa Country Club offers several dining options for its members and guests. The club’s dining venues include:
- The Grille: The Grille is a casual dining venue that features classic American cuisine, including burgers, salads, sandwiches, and more. It is open for lunch and dinner, seven days a week.
- The Dining Room: The Dining Room is a more formal dining venue that features a seasonal menu of upscale cuisine. It is open for dinner, Tuesday through Saturday.
- The Lounge: The Lounge is a great place to grab a drink and socialize with friends. It features a full bar and a menu of appetizers and small plates.
Mesa Country Club also offers a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine tastings, and themed dinners.
Mesa Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Mesa Country Club has a dress code policy that all members and guests are expected to follow. The dress code policy may vary depending on the location and time of day. Generally, the dress code for the club’s golf course, tennis courts, fitness center, and swimming pool is more relaxed than the dress code for its dining areas and event spaces.
For the golf course, proper golf attire is required at all times, which typically includes collared shirts, golf pants or shorts, and golf shoes. T-shirts, tank tops, denim shorts, and flip-flops are not allowed on the golf course. Hats must be worn forward-facing.
For the dining areas and event spaces, a more formal dress code is required. Men are typically expected to wear collared shirts, dress slacks, and closed-toe shoes. Women are expected to wear dresses, skirts, or dress slacks with appropriate tops. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and athletic wear are not allowed in the dining areas or event spaces.
Mesa Country Club also has a guest policy that limits the number of guests each member can bring to the club. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests follow the club’s dress code policy and adhere to all club rules and regulations. Guests are also required to sign in and pay any applicable guest fees before using the club’s facilities.