Disclaimer: CountryClubMag.com is an independent resource and is not associated with any of the clubs on this website. Club initiation and membership cost information are estimates only and should not be relied upon for making club membership decisions.
Nestled amidst the lush landscapes and vibrant communities of Fort Myers, Florida, Colonial Country Club stands as a shining gem of Southern elegance and sporting excellence. With a rich history dating back to its establishment, this prestigious club has become a cherished haven for those seeking the perfect blend of golfing prowess, social camaraderie, and a tranquil Florida lifestyle.
Colonial Country Club Fort Myers FL invites you to embark on a journey through its verdant fairways, impeccable amenities, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere that captures the essence of true Southern hospitality. Whether you’re a passionate golfer, a social enthusiast, or simply seeking a place to call home, Colonial Country Club is a testament to the enduring charm of Fort Myers.
Colonial Country Club History and Founding
Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida, boasts a storied history that dates back to its founding in 2003. This prestigious golf and country club was designed by the renowned golf course architect Gordon G. Lewis, who is celebrated for his skill in creating challenging and visually stunning courses that harmonize with the natural beauty of the Florida landscape.
The vision behind Colonial Country Club was to create an exclusive and welcoming community where residents and golf enthusiasts could enjoy a high-quality lifestyle. The club’s name, “Colonial,” was chosen to reflect a sense of timeless tradition and Southern charm.
Since its inception, Colonial Country Club has become a cherished hub for golf enthusiasts and residents alike, offering not only a meticulously designed 18-hole golf course but also an array of amenities such as tennis courts, a fitness center, dining options, and a vibrant social scene. Over the years, it has earned a reputation for its commitment to excellence in both golf and community living, making it a sought-after destination for those seeking a unique blend of recreation and Southern hospitality in the heart of Fort Myers, Florida.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Colonial Country Club
The most famous golf tournament held at Colonial Country Club is the Charles Schwab Challenge. It is a PGA Tour event that has been played annually at Colonial since 1946. It is one of five invitational tournaments on the PGA Tour, meaning that only a select number of players are invited to compete. The tournament is known for its challenging course, which is a par-70 and measures 7,209 yards.
Some of the most famous golfers to have won the Charles Schwab Challenge include Ben Hogan (5 wins), Jack Nicklaus (3 wins), Arnold Palmer (2 wins), and Phil Mickelson (2 wins). Tiger Woods has only played in the tournament once, in 2018, and he finished tied for 17th place.
In addition to the Charles Schwab Challenge, Colonial Country Club has also hosted three major or significant professional golf events:
- The 1941 U.S. Open
- The 1975 Tournament Players Championship
- The 1991 U.S. Women’s Open
The 1941 U.S. Open was won by Craig Wood, and the 1975 Tournament Players Championship was won by Al Geiberger. The 1991 U.S. Women’s Open was won by Meg Mallon.
Colonial Country Club is a historic golf course that has hosted some of the biggest names in the game. The Charles Schwab Challenge is a popular event that attracts top golfers from around the world.
Colonial Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
The estimated initiation fee for a golf membership at Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida is $250,000. The monthly dues are $5,695. These are the official fees as published on the club’s website. However, there are also rumored initiation fees of up to $500,000. It is important to note that the actual initiation fee and monthly dues may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the membership.
Here is a breakdown of the estimated membership costs at Colonial Country Club:
- Initiation fee: $250,000 (rumored up to $500,000)
- Monthly dues: $5,695
- Food and beverage minimum: None
- Personal cart: No
The initiation fee is a one-time fee that is paid when you join the club. The monthly dues are paid on a monthly basis and cover the cost of maintaining the club’s facilities and amenities. There is no food and beverage minimum, and members are not required to rent a personal cart.
It is important to note that these are just the estimated membership costs. The actual costs may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the membership. For example, the initiation fee and monthly dues may be higher for a family membership than for an individual membership.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the membership costs at Colonial Country Club:
- The initiation fee and monthly dues are subject to change.
- The club may also charge additional fees for certain amenities, such as tennis and swimming.
- There may be a waiting list for membership.
Colonial Country Club Amenities
Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida, offers a wide range of amenities to cater to the diverse interests and preferences of its members and residents.
Here are some typical amenities you can expect to find at Colonial Country Club:
- Golf Course: Colonial Country Club boasts an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Gordon G. Lewis. It offers a challenging and scenic golfing experience for players of all skill levels.
- Tennis: The club often includes tennis courts, allowing members to enjoy recreational and competitive tennis matches. Some clubs may also offer tennis lessons and programs.
- Swimming Pools: Most country clubs feature swimming pools for relaxation and exercise. These may include lap pools, family pools, and sometimes even hot tubs or spa areas.
- Fitness Center: A modern fitness center equipped with state-of-the-art exercise machines and facilities for both cardio and strength training is commonly found at country clubs like Colonial.
- Dining Facilities: Colonial Country Club typically offers dining options ranging from casual to fine dining. Members can enjoy delicious meals in a social or formal setting.
- Social and Event Spaces: Many country clubs have banquet halls, event spaces, and meeting rooms that can be reserved for special occasions, weddings, or corporate events.
- Spa Services: Some upscale country clubs may include spa facilities, offering various treatments and services for relaxation and wellness.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse serves as the central hub for social activities, including gatherings, parties, and events. It often includes lounges and recreational spaces.
- Pro Shops: Golf and tennis pro shops offer equipment, apparel, and accessories, as well as professional services like club fitting and lessons.
- Kids’ Programs: Family-oriented clubs like Colonial often provide programs and activities for children, such as summer camps, youth golf, and tennis lessons.
- Social Activities: Colonial Country Club may host a variety of social events, including themed parties, wine tastings, and holiday celebrations, fostering a sense of community among members.
Colonial Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida, typically hosts a variety of events and offers dining options for its members and guests.
Here’s an overview of the types of events and dining options you might find at Colonial Country Club:
- Golf Tournaments: Colonial Country Club often hosts golf tournaments and events throughout the year. These may include member tournaments, charity fundraisers, and special events like the Charles Schwab Challenge.
- Social Gatherings: The club typically organizes social events such as themed parties, holiday celebrations, and member mixers to encourage community interaction and camaraderie.
- Weddings and Private Events: Colonial Country Club is a popular venue for weddings and private events. It provides elegant event spaces and catering services for special occasions.
- Tennis Events: If you’re a tennis enthusiast, the club may organize tennis tournaments, round-robin events, and clinics for members of all skill levels.
- Fitness and Wellness Programs: Look for fitness classes, wellness workshops, and health-related events to help members maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Kids’ Activities: Family-friendly clubs often have programs and events designed for children, such as summer camps, holiday parties, and youth sports activities.
- Formal Dining: Colonial Country Club may offer a formal dining room where members can enjoy gourmet cuisine in an upscale setting. This is often a popular choice for special occasions and romantic dinners.
- Casual Dining: Many country clubs provide casual dining options, including sports bars, grille rooms, and patio dining areas. These are great for relaxed meals with friends and family.
- Lounge or Pub: Some clubs have a lounge or pub area where members can unwind with cocktails, watch sports, and enjoy light bites.
- Private Dining: Private dining rooms are often available for members who wish to host intimate gatherings, business meetings, or special events.
- Catering Services: Colonial Country Club typically offers catering services for weddings and private events held at the club. They can help create customized menus to suit your event’s needs.
- Theme Nights: Look for themed dining nights or culinary events where the club’s culinary team showcases different cuisines or cooking styles.
- Brunch and Breakfast: Some clubs serve brunch on weekends or offer breakfast options for early risers.
Colonial Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Colonial Country Club, like most private country clubs, typically has a dress code and guest policy in place to maintain a certain level of decorum and ensure a positive experience for its members and visitors.
Here’s a general overview of what you might expect:
Colonial Country Club’s dress code typically applies to all members and guests and may include guidelines for different areas of the club, such as the golf course, clubhouse, and dining facilities. Here are some common elements of a country club dress code:
- Golf Course: Golfers are usually required to wear collared shirts and proper golf attire. Cargo shorts, denim, and athletic shorts are often discouraged. Golf shoes with soft spikes may be required on the course.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse typically has a more formal dress code, which may include business casual or resort casual attire. T-shirts, swimwear, flip-flops, and torn or overly casual clothing are typically not allowed.
- Dining Facilities: The dining areas usually have specific dress code requirements. Members and guests are expected to dress appropriately for the level of formality in each dining venue. For formal dining, this might mean business casual or formal attire, while casual dining areas may allow more relaxed clothing.
- Footwear: Proper footwear is often specified, and golf shoes may not be allowed in certain indoor areas.
Colonial Country Club typically has a guest policy that outlines the rules and procedures for inviting guests to the club. Here are some common elements of a guest policy:
- Guest Registration: Members usually need to register their guests with the club before their visit, either by calling in advance or using an online reservation system.
- Limits on Guest Visits: There may be restrictions on how often the same guest can visit the club within a specified time frame.
- Guest Fees: Some clubs charge guest fees for the use of facilities, including golf rounds, dining, and other amenities.
- Sponsored Guests: In some cases, guests may need to be sponsored by a member to gain access to the club.
- Code of Conduct: Guests are typically expected to adhere to the club’s rules and code of conduct while on the premises.
Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida, epitomizes the timeless charm and sophistication of a private country club. With a rich history, a meticulously designed golf course, an array of top-notch amenities, and a commitment to fostering a strong sense of community among its members, Colonial Country Club offers a unique and welcoming environment for those seeking a blend of recreation, social interaction, and Southern hospitality.
Whether you’re an avid golfer, a lover of fine dining, or someone who appreciates a range of leisure activities, Colonial Country Club continues to stand as a testament to the enduring appeal of private club life in the heart of Fort Myers.