Lost Creek Country Club is a private country club located in Austin, Texas. The club features a championship golf course, tennis courts, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and several dining options. The golf course at Lost Creek Country Club was designed by Leon Howard and opened for play in 1972. It is a par-72 course that measures 6,670 yards from the back tees. The course features challenging terrain and water hazards that come into play on several holes.
Lost Creek Country Club History and Founding
Lost Creek Country Club was founded in 1970 by a group of Austin businessmen who shared a passion for golf and socializing. They purchased 170 acres of land in the Lost Creek neighborhood of Austin and hired golf course architect Leon Howard to design a championship golf course.
The golf course officially opened for play in 1972, and the club quickly became a popular destination for Austin’s elite. In 1976, a new clubhouse was built to accommodate the growing membership.
Over the years, Lost Creek Country Club has hosted many prestigious golf tournaments, including the Texas State Open, the Austin City Championship, and the Trans-Mississippi Championship. The club has also been the site of numerous charity events and social gatherings.
In 2019, Lost Creek Country Club underwent a major renovation to modernize and update its facilities. The golf course was redesigned by course architect John Colligan, and the clubhouse was completely renovated and expanded.
Today, Lost Creek Country Club remains one of the premier private country clubs in Austin, offering its members world-class golf, tennis, fitness, and dining facilities in a beautiful natural setting.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Lost Creek Country Club
Lost Creek Country Club has hosted several prestigious golf tournaments over the years, including the Texas State Open, the Austin City Championship, and the Trans-Mississippi Championship.
One of the most notable tournaments held at Lost Creek Country Club was the LPGA Tour’s Sprint Championship, which was held in 1998 and 1999. The tournament featured some of the top female golfers in the world, including Karrie Webb, Annika Sorenstam, and Se Ri Pak.
In 2000, Lost Creek Country Club hosted the Texas Women’s Open, which was won by amateur golfer Stacy Lewis, who went on to become a major champion and one of the top players on the LPGA Tour.
More recently, in 2019, the club hosted the Southern Texas PGA Professional Championship, which featured some of the top club professionals in the region.
Lost Creek Country Club’s championship golf course, which features challenging terrain and scenic views, continues to be a popular venue for local and regional golf tournaments.
Lost Creek Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
The cost of membership at Lost Creek Country Club is not publicly disclosed, as it is a private club that operates on an invitation-only basis. The initiation fee and monthly dues are likely to vary based on several factors, such as the type of membership, the age of the member, and the location of the club. However, it is common for private clubs to have initiation fees, monthly or annual dues, and food and beverage minimums that members are required to meet. Its initiation fee is estimated to range from $20,000 to $80,000, with rumored annual dues ranging from $10,000 and more.
Lost Creek Country Club Amenities
Lost Creek Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Championship Golf Course – The 18-hole golf course at Lost Creek Country Club was designed by Leon Howard and features challenging terrain and scenic views.
- Tennis Facilities – The club has 12 tennis courts, including indoor and outdoor courts, as well as a tennis pro shop.
- Fitness Center – The fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and offers a variety of exercise programs and classes.
- Swimming Pool – The country club has a large swimming pool, as well as a kiddie pool for younger members.
- Dining Options – Lost Creek Country Club has several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill, and a snack bar.
- Event Spaces – The club has several event spaces that can accommodate weddings, business meetings, and other special events.
- Social Activities – The club hosts a variety of social activities throughout the year, including holiday parties, theme nights, and family events.
- Junior Programs – Lost Creek Country Club offers a range of programs and activities for junior members, including golf and tennis clinics, swim lessons, and summer camps.
Overall, Lost Creek Country Club offers a variety of amenities to its members that cater to their fitness, social, and recreational needs.
Lost Creek Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Lost Creek Country Club offers a variety of event spaces for both private and corporate events, such as weddings, parties, meetings, and banquets. The club has indoor and outdoor spaces that can accommodate small and large groups, depending on the event’s needs.
The club’s event spaces include:
- The Ballroom – The club’s largest event space, which can accommodate up to 300 guests. It has a dance floor, stage, and bar.
- The Founders Room – A more intimate space that can accommodate up to 80 guests. It features a fireplace, lounge area, and bar.
- The Board Room – A small conference room that can accommodate up to 12 guests.
Lost Creek Country Club also offers catering services for events, with a variety of menu options available. The club’s executive chef and culinary team can customize menus to suit any taste or dietary requirement.
In terms of dining options, Lost Creek Country Club has several restaurants and bars for members to enjoy. The formal dining room offers a fine dining experience, while the casual grill offers more relaxed fare. The club also has a snack bar for those looking for a quick bite or refreshment.
The club’s culinary team uses fresh, seasonal ingredients to create a variety of dishes, from classic American cuisine to international specialties. Members can also take advantage of the club’s catering services for private events or special occasions.
Lost Creek Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Lost Creek Country Club has a dress code policy that all members and their guests are expected to follow. The dress code policy varies depending on the area of the club, and it is designed to maintain a certain level of decorum and professionalism.
Here is an overview of Lost Creek Country Club’s dress code policy:
- Golf Course – Golfers are required to wear proper golf attire, including collared shirts, slacks or shorts, and golf shoes with soft spikes. Denim, cutoffs, tank tops, and athletic wear are not permitted on the golf course.
- Tennis Courts – Tennis players are required to wear appropriate tennis attire, including tennis shoes, shorts or skirts, and a collared shirt. Swimwear, denim, and cutoffs are not allowed on the tennis courts.
- Dining Areas – Members and guests are expected to dress in appropriate attire when dining at the club. Business casual attire is appropriate, and shorts and collared shirts are acceptable in some areas. Denim and athletic wear are not permitted in the dining areas.
Lost Creek Country Club also has a guest policy that all members are expected to follow. Members are allowed to bring guests to the club, but they must be accompanied by the member at all times. The number of guests a member can bring to the club may be limited, depending on the time of day and the area of the club. Guests are expected to follow the dress code policy and behave appropriately while at the club.