NCR Country Club is a private country club located in Kettering, Ohio, in the United States. The club was founded in 1954 and is known for its championship golf course, which has hosted several professional tournaments over the years. In addition to golf, the club offers a variety of amenities for its members, including tennis courts, swimming pools, fitness facilities, dining options, and social events. NCR Country Club is also available for weddings, corporate events, and other private gatherings.
NCR Country Club History and Founding
NCR Country Club was founded in 1954 by National Cash Register Corporation (NCR) executives who wanted to establish a private golf and country club for their employees and their families. The club was built on a 250-acre site in Kettering, Ohio, which had previously been a family farm. The original golf course was designed by renowned golf course architect Dick Wilson and featured narrow fairways and challenging greens.
Over the years, the club has hosted several prestigious golf tournaments, including the LPGA Championship and the U.S. Women’s Open. In 1969, the club underwent a major renovation and expansion project, which included the construction of a new clubhouse and the addition of a second 18-hole golf course. The new course, designed by Jack Nicklaus and Desmond Muirhead, opened in 1971 and was named the South Course.
Today, NCR Country Club remains one of the premier private country clubs in the United States, with a membership that includes many prominent business leaders and executives. The club continues to host professional golf tournaments and is recognized for its outstanding facilities and amenities.
Famous Golf Tournament held at NCR Country Club
NCR Country Club has hosted several famous golf tournaments over the years. Here are a few of the most notable ones:
- LPGA Championship: NCR Country Club hosted the LPGA Championship in 1982 and 1986. The tournament was won by Jan Stephenson in 1982 and Pat Bradley in 1986.
- U.S. Women’s Open: The U.S. Women’s Open was held at NCR Country Club in 1998. The tournament was won by Se Ri Pak, who defeated amateur Jenny Chuasiriporn in a dramatic 20-hole playoff.
- Senior PGA Championship: NCR Country Club hosted the Senior PGA Championship in 2005. The tournament was won by Mike Reid, who defeated Jerry Pate in a sudden-death playoff.
- U.S. Women’s Amateur: The U.S. Women’s Amateur was held at NCR Country Club in 2013. The tournament was won by Emma Talley, who defeated Yueer Cindy Feng in the final match.
These tournaments have brought some of the biggest names in golf to NCR Country Club, including Se Ri Pak, Annika Sorenstam, and Jack Nicklaus, who designed the club’s South Course.
NCR Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, NCR Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, it is known to be one of the most exclusive and prestigious clubs in the Dayton area, and membership fees and dues are likely to be significant. However, it is common for private clubs to have initiation fees, monthly or annual dues, and food and beverage minimums that members are required to meet. It is estimated that NCR’s initiation fee is estimated to range from $50,000 to $200,000, with rumored annual dues ranging from $10,000 and more.
NCR Country Club Amenities
NCR Country Club offers a variety of amenities for its members, including:
- Golf: NCR Country Club is best known for its two championship 18-hole golf courses, the North Course and the South Course. Both courses have been designed by world-renowned golf course architects and offer a challenging and enjoyable golfing experience.
- Tennis: The club has eight outdoor tennis courts and two indoor courts, available for year-round play. The courts are lighted for evening play and the club offers clinics, lessons, and leagues for players of all skill levels.
- Swimming: NCR Country Club has two outdoor swimming pools and a baby pool for children. The pools are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day and offer a relaxing place to swim, sunbathe, and socialize.
- Fitness: The club has a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio and weight training equipment, as well as a variety of fitness classes and personal training options.
- Dining: The country club offers several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grille, a lounge, and a snack bar. Members can enjoy a variety of cuisine and dining experiences, from fine dining to casual drinks and snacks.
- Social events: NCR Country Club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine tastings, live music, and more. Members can connect with each other and enjoy a vibrant social community.
- Other amenities: The club also offers a pro shop, locker rooms, a massage room, and event facilities for weddings, corporate events, and other private gatherings.
NCR Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
NCR Country Club is a popular venue for weddings, corporate events, and other private gatherings. The club offers a variety of event spaces and catering options to accommodate different types of events and group sizes.
The club’s event spaces include a ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 guests, as well as several smaller rooms and outdoor spaces for more intimate events. The club’s event staff can assist with planning and coordinating all aspects of the event, from menu selection to decor and entertainment.
In terms of dining options, NCR Country Club offers several options for members and guests. The club’s formal dining room features a refined atmosphere and offers an upscale dining experience. The casual grille is a more relaxed dining option, with a variety of menu items including salads, sandwiches, and entrees. The club’s lounge offers a cozy and comfortable atmosphere for enjoying drinks and light fare, while the snack bar is a convenient option for grabbing a quick bite between activities.
In addition to these dining options, the club also offers catering services for events held on-site or off-site. The catering menu features a variety of options for appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts, with customizable packages to suit different preferences and budgets.
NCR Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
NCR Country Club has a strict dress code for all members and guests. The dress code varies depending on the specific area of the club and the time of day, but in general, the club requires a neat, clean, and appropriate appearance at all times. Some of the specific dress code requirements include:
- Golf Course: Collared shirts and slacks or Bermuda shorts are required for men, while women may wear collared shirts or golf-specific tops with slacks, Bermuda shorts, or golf skirts. Denim, athletic shorts, and t-shirts are not permitted on the golf course.
- Tennis Courts: Appropriate tennis attire is required, including tennis shoes and proper attire. Denim and athletic shorts are not permitted on the tennis courts.
- Dining Areas: The dress code for the dining areas varies depending on the time of day and the specific dining area. In general, collared shirts, slacks, and dresses are required for all members and guests, with denim and athletic wear not permitted in certain areas.
In addition to the dress code, NCR Country Club has a guest policy that limits the number of guests that a member can bring to the club at any one time. Guests must be accompanied by a member and must adhere to the club’s dress code and rules while on the premises.