Biltmore Forest Country Club is a private golf and country club located in Asheville, North Carolina. It was founded in 1922 by a group of prominent businessmen and is considered one of the premier country clubs in the Southeastern United States.
The club features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by legendary golf course architect Donald Ross. The course has been consistently ranked among the top courses in North Carolina and has hosted several major golf tournaments over the years.
In addition to golf, Biltmore Forest Country Club offers a variety of amenities including tennis courts, a swimming pool, a fitness center, and multiple dining options. The club also hosts a range of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, charity events, and member-only gatherings.
Membership at Biltmore Forest Country Club is by invitation only, and the club has a strict dress code and other rules and regulations that members must adhere to.
Biltmore Forest Country Club History and Founding
Biltmore Forest Country Club was founded in 1922 by a group of prominent businessmen from Asheville, North Carolina. The original founders of the club included Fred Seely, who was the son-in-law of George Vanderbilt and the architect of the Grove Park Inn, as well as prominent local businessmen like R. Tucker Abbott, Charles D. Beadle, and Charles D. Owen.
The club’s original golf course was designed by Donald Ross, who was one of the most renowned golf course architects of his time. Ross was also responsible for designing many other famous golf courses, including Pinehurst No. 2 and the East Course at Oak Hill Country Club.
Over the years, the club has undergone several renovations and upgrades to both the golf course and the club facilities. In 2018, the club completed a major renovation of its clubhouse, which included the addition of a new bar and grill, a new outdoor patio, and updates to the dining areas and banquet rooms.
Today, Biltmore Forest Country Club is considered one of the premier country clubs in the Southeastern United States, and its members enjoy access to world-class golf, tennis, fitness, and dining facilities in a beautiful and historic setting.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Biltmore Forest Country Club
Biltmore Forest Country Club has hosted several major golf tournaments over the years. One of the most notable tournaments held at the club was the 1939 PGA Championship, which was won by Henry Picard.
The 1939 PGA Championship was the 21st edition of the tournament, and it was held from September 18 to 24, 1939. It was the first time that the tournament was held in the state of North Carolina, and Biltmore Forest Country Club was chosen as the venue due to its reputation as one of the finest golf courses in the country.
The tournament featured a field of 128 players, including many of the top golfers of the era such as Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Sam Snead, and Gene Sarazen. However, it was Henry Picard who emerged as the champion, defeating Byron Nelson in the final match by a score of 1 up.
The 1939 PGA Championship was a significant moment in golf history, and it helped establish Biltmore Forest Country Club as one of the premier golf courses in the United States. Today, the club continues to host a range of golf tournaments and events, and it remains a favorite destination for golf enthusiasts from around the world.
Biltmore Forest Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private club, Biltmore Forest Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs or dues. However, it is known that membership at the club is by invitation only, and prospective members must be sponsored by current members in order to be considered for membership.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Biltmore Forest Country Club Amenities
Biltmore Forest Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members. Here are some of the amenities that members can enjoy:
- Golf: The club’s 18-hole championship golf course was designed by Donald Ross and has been consistently ranked as one of the top courses in North Carolina. Members can enjoy access to the course, as well as the club’s practice facilities, golf shop, and professional instruction.
- Tennis: Biltmore Forest Country Club features six Har-Tru clay tennis courts, which are available for use by members. The country club offers a variety of tennis programs, including clinics, lessons, and tournaments.
- Swimming: The club has a junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, which is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The pool area also includes a wading pool and a snack bar.
- Fitness: Members can stay active at the club’s fitness center, which features cardio and weight training equipment, as well as group fitness classes like yoga and Pilates.
- Dining: Biltmore Forest Country Club offers several dining options for members, including a formal dining room, a casual grill room, a bar and lounge, and a patio with outdoor seating. The club also hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine dinners, and themed dinners.
- Other amenities: The club also offers a range of other amenities, including a croquet court, a playground, and a walking trail. The club’s staff can also assist with event planning and catering for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
Biltmore Forest Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Biltmore Forest Country Club is a popular venue for a variety of events, from weddings and receptions to corporate meetings and golf outings. The club offers a range of event spaces, including indoor banquet rooms, outdoor patios, and a beautiful ballroom with panoramic views of the golf course.
The club’s event staff can work with members and guests to plan and coordinate every aspect of their event, from menu selection and décor to audiovisual equipment and transportation. The club also has an experienced catering team that can provide delicious cuisine for events of all sizes and styles.
In terms of dining options, Biltmore Forest Country Club offers several options for members and guests. The club’s formal dining room offers an elegant setting for fine dining, with a menu that features classic American cuisine with a modern twist. The casual grill room is perfect for a more relaxed meal or a quick bite, with a menu that includes sandwiches, salads, and small plates. The bar and lounge is a popular spot for drinks and socializing, with a selection of craft cocktails, beer, and wine, as well as a light bar menu. The club’s outdoor patio offers beautiful views of the golf course and is a popular spot for al fresco dining or drinks.
Overall, Biltmore Forest Country Club offers a range of dining options and event spaces that are sure to meet the needs of members and guests alike. Whether you’re looking for an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate meeting or golf outing, or a lavish wedding reception, the club’s experienced staff can help make your event a success.
Biltmore Forest Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Biltmore Forest Country Club has a dress code policy that all members and their guests are expected to follow. The dress code applies to all areas of the club, including the golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness center, and dining areas. The dress code policy may vary depending on the specific area of the club, but in general, the policy is as follows:
- Men: Collared shirts with sleeves, slacks, or Bermuda shorts
- Women: Shirts with sleeves, skirts, slacks, or Bermuda shorts
- Golf shoes with soft spikes are required
- Proper tennis attire is required, including tennis shoes
- Swimwear is allowed at the pool, but cover-ups and shoes must be worn when entering or leaving the pool area
- Athletic attire is allowed in the fitness center, but no jeans, shorts, or swimwear are allowed
- The dress code policy varies depending on the specific dining area, but in general, business casual attire is required. No shorts or athletic attire are allowed in the formal dining room.
In terms of the guest policy, Biltmore Forest Country Club allows members to bring guests to the club, but the number of guests and the frequency of their visits may be limited depending on the specific membership level. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests follow the club’s dress code and behavior policies while at the club. The club also reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas of the club to members only.