TPC River’s Bend is a private golf club located in Maineville, Ohio. It is part of the TPC Network of golf courses, which is owned by the PGA Tour. TPC River’s Bend was designed by Arnold Palmer and opened in 2001. The course has hosted a number of professional and amateur tournaments, including the Nationwide Tour’s Chiquita Classic and the USGA Junior Amateur Championship.
In addition to the golf course, TPC River’s Bend also offers a clubhouse, practice facilities, and other amenities for members. The club has a strong commitment to philanthropy and has raised millions of dollars for local charities through its annual TPC River’s Bend Charity Golf Classic.
Membership at TPC River’s Bend is by invitation only and is available to both individuals and corporations. The club offers a variety of membership categories, including full golf, corporate, national, and social memberships.
TPC River’s Bend History and Founding
TPC River’s Bend was founded in 2001 as a joint venture between the PGA Tour and Hilltop Basic Resources, a Cincinnati-based construction materials company. The club was designed by legendary golfer Arnold Palmer and his design team, who worked closely with Hilltop Basic Resources to create a world-class golf course.
The course was built on a 406-acre site in Maineville, Ohio, which was formerly a gravel quarry. The site was carefully sculpted and landscaped to create a challenging and picturesque golf course that blends seamlessly with the surrounding natural environment. The course features rolling hills, streams, and ponds, as well as strategic bunkering and water hazards that test golfers of all skill levels.
TPC River’s Bend was designed to be a private golf club that would provide members with access to world-class golf facilities and amenities. The club is part of the TPC Network of golf courses, which is owned by the PGA Tour and includes some of the most prestigious golf courses in the world.
Since its founding, TPC River’s Bend has become one of the top golf destinations in the Midwest, hosting numerous professional and amateur tournaments and attracting golfers from around the world. The club has also established a strong reputation for philanthropy, raising millions of dollars for local charities through its annual TPC River’s Bend Charity Golf Classic.
Famous Golf Tournament held at TPC River’s Bend
TPC River’s Bend has hosted several notable golf tournaments over the years, including:
- Chiquita Classic: The Nationwide Tour’s Chiquita Classic was held at TPC River’s Bend from 2012 to 2013. This tournament was part of the PGA Tour’s developmental circuit and featured up-and-coming professional golfers from around the world.
- USGA Junior Amateur Championship: TPC River’s Bend hosted the USGA Junior Amateur Championship in 2018. This prestigious tournament is open to amateur golfers under the age of 18 and has been won by some of the greatest players in the history of the game.
- Western & Southern Open Pro-Am: TPC River’s Bend hosts the Pro-Am event for the Western & Southern Open tennis tournament, which takes place in nearby Mason, Ohio. This event brings together top tennis players and professional golfers for a friendly competition on the golf course.
In addition to these tournaments, TPC River’s Bend has also hosted numerous charity events and corporate outings, as well as member-only tournaments and events throughout the year. The club is a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels, and its world-class facilities and amenities make it a top choice for golf enthusiasts in the Midwest.
TPC River’s Bend Membership Costs and Dues
As a private golf club, TPC River’s Bend does not disclose its membership costs and dues publicly. Membership fees and dues can vary widely depending on the type of membership, the level of access and amenities included, and other factors. Typically, private golf clubs require members to pay an initiation fee upfront, as well as annual dues to maintain membership.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
TPC River’s Bend Amenities
TPC River’s Bend offers a wide range of amenities to its members, including:
- Championship Golf Course: The centerpiece of TPC River’s Bend is its 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Arnold Palmer. The course features rolling hills, challenging water hazards, and beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Practice Facilities: TPC River’s Bend offers extensive practice facilities, including a driving range, putting green, and a short game area. The club also has a team of PGA professionals on staff who provide individual and group instruction to members.
- Clubhouse: The 35,000-square-foot clubhouse at TPC River’s Bend offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant and bar, private dining rooms, locker rooms, and a pro shop. The clubhouse also features a spacious terrace overlooking the 18th hole of the golf course.
- Fitness Center: TPC River’s Bend has a state-of-the-art fitness center with a variety of cardio and strength training equipment, as well as personal trainers on staff.
- Swimming Pool: The country club has a large outdoor swimming pool with a spacious deck area and a poolside bar.
- Tennis Courts: TPC River’s Bend has multiple outdoor tennis courts available for members to use.
- Social Events: The club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine tastings, and themed dinners.
In addition to these amenities, TPC River’s Bend offers a variety of services and privileges to its members, including exclusive access to PGA Tour events and facilities, reciprocal access to other TPC Network golf clubs around the world, and concierge services for travel and entertainment.
TPC River’s Bend Event Information and Dining Options
TPC River’s Bend offers a range of event spaces and dining options for members and guests, including:
- Banquet Facilities: The club has several banquet rooms available for private events, including weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings. The banquet rooms can accommodate groups of various sizes and can be customized to fit the specific needs of each event.
- Dining Options: TPC River’s Bend has several dining options available for members and guests, including the main dining room, the grill room, and the terrace overlooking the 18th hole of the golf course. The menus feature a variety of gourmet cuisine, with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients and seasonal specialties.
- Private Dining: The club also offers private dining rooms for more intimate gatherings, with customized menus and personalized service.
- Special Events: TPC River’s Bend hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, including wine tastings, holiday parties, and themed dinners. These events are open to members and their guests and provide an opportunity to socialize and enjoy the club’s amenities.
- Catering Services: TPC River’s Bend also offers catering services for off-site events, including weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings. The catering team can customize menus and provide personalized service to ensure a memorable and successful event.
In addition to these event and dining options, TPC River’s Bend offers a variety of services to help members plan and execute their events, including event planning, audio-visual equipment rental, and entertainment booking.
TPC River’s Bend Dress Code and Guest Policy
As a private golf club, TPC River’s Bend has a dress code and guest policy in place to ensure a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for all members and guests. The dress code and guest policy are as follows:
- On the Golf Course: Men are required to wear collared shirts with sleeves and golf slacks or shorts. Women may wear collared golf shirts or appropriate golf attire. Denim, cargo pants, shorts, and athletic wear are not permitted on the golf course.
- In the Clubhouse: Members and guests are expected to dress in a manner consistent with the club’s standards of attire. Business casual attire is appropriate, and jeans are permitted in designated areas of the clubhouse. Hats, visors, and other headwear are not permitted in the clubhouse.
- Members are allowed to bring guests to the club, but the number of guests and frequency of visits may be limited.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times while on the premises.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s rules and regulations.
- Guests are expected to abide by the dress code and conduct themselves in a respectful and courteous manner while on the premises.
- Guests may be charged a guest fee, which varies depending on the time of day and the day of the week.
Overall, TPC River’s Bend strives to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members and guests while maintaining a high standard of decorum and etiquette.