Braemar Country Club is a private country club located in Tarzana, California, United States. The club features a championship 18-hole golf course, designed by William F. Bell and renovated by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as tennis courts, a fitness center, and several dining options. The club also hosts weddings, corporate events, and other social gatherings in its various event spaces. The Braemar Country Club was established in 1952 and has since become a popular destination for golfers and other sports enthusiasts in the San Fernando Valley area.
Braemar Country Club History and Founding
Braemar Country Club was founded in 1952 by a group of golf enthusiasts who were seeking a new location to play and socialize. The original members were mostly businesspeople and executives who lived in the San Fernando Valley area. The club was named after Braemar, a town in Scotland that is known for its golf courses and rich history.
The club’s first location was in the Sepulveda Basin, but it was later moved to its current location in Tarzana in 1962. The new location offered more space for the golf course and other amenities, and it quickly became a popular destination for golfers in the area.
Over the years, the Braemar Country Club has hosted several professional golf tournaments, including the LPGA’s Women’s Kemper Open, the PGA Tour’s Los Angeles Open, and the Senior PGA Tour’s Ralphs Senior Classic.
In addition to golf, the club has also been a popular destination for tennis enthusiasts. In the 1970s and 1980s, Braemar hosted several professional tennis events, including the Virginia Slims and the Davis Cup.
Today, Braemar Country Club remains a popular destination for golfers and other sports enthusiasts in the San Fernando Valley area. The club has undergone several renovations and updates over the years to keep its facilities modern and up-to-date.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Braemar Country Club
Braemar Country Club has hosted several famous golf tournaments over the years, including:
- Los Angeles Open – The club has hosted the PGA Tour’s Los Angeles Open several times, including in 1973, 1974, 1976, 1978, and 1980.
- Women’s Kemper Open – The LPGA’s Women’s Kemper Open was held at Braemar Country Club in 1980 and 1981.
- Ralphs Senior Classic – The Senior PGA Tour’s Ralphs Senior Classic was held at Braemar in 1990 and 1991.
- Celebrity Players Tour – The club has also hosted several Celebrity Players Tour events, including in 1990 and 1991.
These tournaments have attracted some of the biggest names in golf, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods. In addition to professional tournaments, the club has also hosted several amateur and charity events over the years.
Braemar Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, Braemar Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. However, based on industry standards and rumors, membership costs and dues at Braemar Country Club are considered to be high and exclusive.
The initiation fee for membership at Braemar Country Club is estimated can range from $20,000 to $100,000 or more, depending on the type of membership. In addition to the initiation fee, members are typically required to pay annual dues, which are rumored to range from $3,000 to $10,000 or more.
Braemar Country Club Amenities
Braemar Country Club offers a variety of amenities for its members, including:
- Golf Course – The club’s championship 18-hole golf course was designed by William F. Bell and renovated by Robert Trent Jones Jr. It features beautiful views of the surrounding hills and challenges golfers of all skill levels.
- Practice Facilities – The country club has a full driving range, practice putting green, and chipping area, allowing golfers to practice and improve their game.
- Tennis Courts – The club has several tennis courts, including hard courts and clay courts, where members can participate in clinics, and lessons, or just enjoy the casual play.
- Fitness Center – The club has a fully-equipped fitness center with cardio and weight training equipment, as well as personal trainers available to help members achieve their fitness goals.
- Dining – The club has several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill room, and a patio area overlooking the golf course.
- Event Spaces – The club has several event spaces available for weddings, corporate events, and other social gatherings, including a ballroom, a terrace room, and a patio area.
- Pool – The club has a large outdoor swimming pool where members can relax and cool off during the hot summer months.
Overall, Braemar Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, making it a popular destination for golfers, tennis players, and other sports enthusiasts in the San Fernando Valley area.
Braemar Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Braemar Country Club offers several event spaces that are available for weddings, corporate events, and other social gatherings. The club’s event spaces include a ballroom, a terrace room, and a patio area, all of which offer beautiful views of the surrounding hills and golf course. The club’s event staff can work with members to plan and coordinate all aspects of their event, from catering to decorations and entertainment.
In terms of dining options, Braemar Country Club offers several choices for its members. The club’s formal dining room offers a refined atmosphere with a menu of classic and contemporary dishes. The casual grill room offers a more relaxed environment, with a menu of lighter fare and pub-style dishes. The club also has a patio area overlooking the golf course, where members can enjoy outdoor dining and drinks.
Additionally, the club offers several private dining rooms and event spaces that are perfect for hosting private parties, business meetings, or other special events. The club’s catering staff can work with members to create custom menus and ensure that all aspects of the event are handled smoothly and professionally.
Braemar Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Braemar Country Club has a dress code policy that requires all members and guests to adhere to certain standards of attire. The dress code policy applies to all areas of the club, including the golf course, tennis courts, and dining areas. The dress code policy includes the following guidelines:
- Golf Course – Men are required to wear collared shirts and slacks or golf shorts. Women are required to wear golf skirts, slacks, or shorts. T-shirts, tank tops, denim, and athletic wear are not allowed on the golf course.
- Tennis Courts – Tennis attire is required, including collared shirts and shorts or skirts. Non-tennis shoes, denim, and athletic wear are not allowed on the tennis courts.
- Dining Areas – Business casual attire is required in all dining areas, including the formal dining room and casual grill room. Men are required to wear collared shirts, and women are required to wear appropriate attire. Denim, shorts, and athletic wear are not allowed in the dining areas.
Braemar Country Club also has a guest policy that allows members to bring guests to the club. However, guests must be accompanied by a member and are subject to the same dress code policy as members. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests are aware of and adhere to the club’s dress code policy.