Stonebriar Country Club is a private golf and country club located in Frisco, Texas, USA. The club features three 18-hole golf courses, including the Fazio Course, the Country Club Course, and the Hills Course, as well as a 9-hole course for beginners and a golf academy. In addition to golf, the club offers a range of amenities, including tennis courts, swimming pools, a fitness center, a spa, and multiple dining options.
Stonebriar Country Club History and Founding
Stonebriar Country Club was founded in 1988 by a group of local businessmen who wanted to create a premier golf and country club in the growing city of Frisco, Texas. The club was designed by Tom Fazio, one of the world’s most renowned golf course architects, and quickly became known for its challenging courses and luxurious amenities.
Over the years, Stonebriar Country Club has hosted numerous prestigious golf tournaments and events, including the PGA Tour’s Frisco Open and the Web.com Tour’s Stonebriar Classic. The club has also been the site of many memorable moments in golf history, including the first-ever hole-in-one in a PGA Tour event in Texas.
In addition to golf, Stonebriar Country Club has become a popular destination for weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings, thanks to its beautiful grounds, elegant facilities, and exceptional service. The club has also been recognized for its commitment to sustainability, earning certification from the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for its efforts to protect and enhance the natural environment.
Today, Stonebriar Country Club remains one of the premier golf and country clubs in Texas, attracting members from around the state and beyond. With its outstanding courses, world-class amenities, and commitment to excellence, it continues to set the standard for private clubs in the region.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Stonebriar Country Club
Stonebriar Country Club has hosted several famous golf tournaments over the years. Here are a few notable ones:
- PGA Tour’s Frisco Open – The Frisco Open was a professional golf tournament that was held at Stonebriar Country Club in 1989 and 1990. The tournament was part of the PGA Tour and was won by Mark McCumber and Jay Don Blake, respectively.
- Web.com Tour’s Stonebriar Classic – The Stonebriar Classic was a professional golf tournament that was held at Stonebriar Country Club from 2000 to 2002. The tournament was part of the Web.com Tour, which is the developmental tour for the PGA Tour. Notable winners of the Stonebriar Classic include Chad Campbell and D.A. Points.
- Texas State Open – The Texas State Open is an annual golf tournament that has been held at various courses in Texas since 1909. Stonebriar Country Club has hosted the tournament multiple times, including in 1994, 1997, and 2001. Notable winners of the Texas State Open at Stonebriar Country Club include Jason Dufner and David Gossett.
In addition to these tournaments, Stonebriar Country Club has also hosted several other amateur and professional golf events, including the AJGA Stonebriar Junior Classic and the North Texas PGA Pro-Am.
Stonebriar Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private club, Stonebriar Country Club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues. Membership at Stonebriar Country Club is by invitation only, and interested individuals must go through a rigorous vetting process and receive approval from the club’s membership committee.
However, based on information from various sources, including online forums and media reports, the initiation fee to join Stonebriar Country Club is estimated to be in the range of $40,000 to $100,000. In addition to the initiation fee, members are also required to pay annual dues, which are rumored to be in the range of $10,000 to $50,000 per year.
Stonebriar Country Club Amenities
Stonebriar Country Club offers a wide range of amenities and services to its members, including:
- Golf Courses – Stonebriar Country Club boasts three 18-hole championship golf courses: the Fazio Course, the Country Club Course, and the Hills Course. The club also has a 9-hole course for beginners and a golf academy.
- Tennis – The club features eight outdoor tennis courts, including four hard courts and four clay courts. Members can participate in lessons, clinics, and tournaments.
- Swimming – The country club has multiple swimming pools, including a junior Olympic-sized pool and a children’s wading pool. There is also a poolside bar and grill for dining and socializing.
- Fitness – Stonebriar Country Club has a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights, and group fitness classes. Personal training and nutritional coaching are also available.
- Spa – The club’s spa offers a variety of services, including massages, facials, body treatments, and nail services. There are also separate men’s and women’s lounges with saunas and steam rooms.
- Dining – Stonebriar Country Club has several dining options, including the 18th Hole Grill, the Members’ Grill, the Veranda, and the Poolside Bar and Grill. Members can enjoy a range of cuisines and atmospheres, from casual to fine dining.
- Events – The club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, wine dinners, and family-friendly events. Members can also book private events, such as weddings, corporate meetings, and birthday parties.
Overall, Stonebriar Country Club offers a wide range of amenities and services to its members, making it a popular destination for golfers, families, and socialites alike.
Stonebriar Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Stonebriar Country Club offers a variety of event spaces for both members and non-members to host events. From corporate meetings to weddings, the club’s event team can help plan and execute events of all sizes and styles. The club has several indoor and outdoor event spaces available, including:
- The Ballroom – The grand ballroom can accommodate up to 500 guests and features elegant chandeliers, high ceilings, and a spacious dance floor.
- The Veranda – The outdoor veranda overlooks the golf course and can accommodate up to 200 guests. It’s an ideal space for cocktail parties and outdoor receptions.
- The Boardroom – The boardroom is a smaller, more intimate space that can accommodate up to 20 guests. It’s perfect for business meetings and small gatherings.
- The Clubhouse – The clubhouse offers a variety of smaller rooms that can be combined to create a larger event space. It’s an ideal option for events with multiple components, such as a wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.
In terms of dining options, Stonebriar Country Club offers several options for members and guests. These include:
- The 18th Hole Grill – The 18th Hole Grill is a casual dining option that overlooks the 18th green. It’s open for lunch and dinner, and the menu features a variety of classic American dishes.
- The Members’ Grill – The Members’ Grill is a more formal dining option that features a sophisticated atmosphere and upscale cuisine. It’s open for lunch and dinner, and the menu changes seasonally.
- The Veranda – The Veranda is a popular spot for outdoor dining, offering picturesque views of the golf course. It’s open for lunch and dinner, and the menu features lighter fare and cocktails.
- The Poolside Bar and Grill – The Poolside Bar and Grill is a casual dining option that’s open during the summer months. It’s an ideal spot for families and features a menu of classic poolside favorites.
Overall, Stonebriar Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options to suit a range of needs and preferences.
Stonebriar Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Stonebriar Country Club has a dress code that members and guests are expected to follow. The dress code varies depending on the location and event, but generally, the club requires appropriate and respectful attire that reflects the club’s high standards.
For men, acceptable attire includes collared shirts, slacks or shorts (depending on the location), and golf shoes on the golf courses. Jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, and athletic shorts are not permitted. Women are expected to wear dresses, skirts, slacks, or shorts (depending on the location) with appropriate tops. Jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, and athletic shorts are also not permitted for women.
In addition to the dress code, Stonebriar Country Club has a guest policy that requires members to accompany their guests at all times while on club property. Guests are permitted to use the club’s amenities and facilities, but they must follow the dress code and other club policies. Members are responsible for their guests’ behavior and any damages caused by their guests.
It’s always a good idea to check with the club directly for specific dress code and guest policy details, as they may vary based on the location and event. Overall, Stonebriar Country Club strives to maintain a high level of excellence and expects its members and guests to respect the club’s standards and policies.