Bent Tree Country Club is a private country club located in Dallas, Texas. The club offers a variety of amenities, including an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, a swimming pool, a fitness center, and several dining options.
The golf course at Bent Tree Country Club was designed by Desmond Muirhead and opened in 1972. It has since been renovated and updated to meet modern golfing standards. The course is known for its challenging layout and scenic views.
In addition to golf, the club offers 12 outdoor tennis courts and two indoor courts, as well as a full-service tennis pro shop. The swimming pool features a water slide, diving board, and a separate toddler pool. The fitness center includes cardio and weight training equipment, as well as a yoga studio and personal training services.
Bent Tree Country Club also offers several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill, and a lounge area. The club hosts several social events throughout the year, including holiday parties, live music, and themed dinners.
Membership at Bent Tree Country Club is by invitation only and requires sponsorship from a current member. The club offers several membership categories, including golf, tennis, and social memberships.
Bent Tree Country Club History and Founding
Bent Tree Country Club was founded in 1972 and is located in the affluent neighborhood of Bent Tree in Dallas, Texas. The club was built on a former pecan orchard and was designed by golf course architect Desmond Muirhead. The course was created to be a challenging, yet enjoyable golfing experience for players of all skill levels.
The club was initially owned by developer and philanthropist Trammell Crow, who built many of the homes and commercial properties in the surrounding area. In 1985, the club was sold to ClubCorp, a leading operator of private golf and country clubs in the United States.
Over the years, the club has undergone several renovations and upgrades to keep up with the changing needs and tastes of its members. In 2017, the club completed a major renovation of its clubhouse and dining facilities, which included a redesign of the formal dining room and the addition of a new casual grill.
Today, Bent Tree Country Club is known as one of the premier private country clubs in the Dallas area, offering its members a wide range of recreational activities, dining options, and social events. The club continues to be a popular destination for golfers, tennis players, and families seeking a luxurious and relaxing escape from the city.
Famous Golf Tournament held at Bent Tree Country Club
Bent Tree Country Club has hosted several professional golf tournaments over the years, the most notable of which was the PGA Tour’s Byron Nelson Classic (now known as the AT&T Byron Nelson). The tournament was named after legendary golfer Byron Nelson, who lived in the Dallas area and was a member of the club.
The Byron Nelson Classic was held at Bent Tree Country Club from 1983 to 1985, and again from 1994 to 1995. During its tenure at the club, the tournament produced several memorable moments, including a hole-in-one by golfer Bill Glasson on the par-4 5th hole in 1992.
The tournament was known for its philanthropic efforts, with proceeds from the event going to support the Byron Nelson Golf Classic Benefiting the Momentous Institute, a nonprofit organization that provides mental health services to children and families in the Dallas area.
In 1996, the tournament moved to the TPC Four Seasons Resort at Las Colinas in nearby Irving, Texas, where it has been held ever since. However, Bent Tree Country Club remains an important part of the tournament’s history and legacy.
Bent Tree Country Club Membership Costs and Dues
As a private country club, membership at Bent Tree Country Club is by invitation only and requires sponsorship from a current member. The club does not publicly disclose its membership costs and dues, as these can vary based on the type of membership and other factors.
However, it is widely known that membership to the club is by invitation only and is limited to a select number of individuals and families. However, estimated initiation fees of approximately $10,000 – $100,000 and rumored annual fees of around $1,000 – $10,000, though these are merely speculation, of course, as the costs are kept private.
Bent Tree Country Club Amenities
Bent Tree Country Club offers a wide range of amenities for its members, including:
- Golf: The club’s 18-hole golf course was designed by Desmond Muirhead and features a challenging layout with scenic views. The course has been renovated and updated over the years to meet modern golfing standards. The club also has a driving range, practice greens, and a golf pro shop.
- Tennis: Bent Tree Country Club has 12 outdoor tennis courts and two indoor courts, as well as a full-service tennis pro shop. The club offers lessons, clinics, and leagues for players of all levels.
- Swimming: The country club has a large swimming pool with a water slide, diving board, and separate toddler pool. The pool area also includes a snack bar and cabanas for relaxing.
- Fitness: The club’s fitness center includes cardio and weight training equipment, as well as a yoga studio and personal training services.
- Dining: Bent Tree Country Club offers several dining options, including a formal dining room, a casual grill, and a lounge area. The club also hosts special events throughout the year, such as holiday parties and themed dinners.
- Social: The club hosts a variety of social events, such as live music, wine tastings, and family movie nights. Members can also participate in clubs and organizations focused on interests such as wine, book, and bridge.
- Kids: The club offers a variety of activities for children, including summer camps, swim lessons, and tennis clinics. The club also has a playground and game room for children to enjoy.
Overall, Bent Tree Country Club provides its members with a wide range of amenities and activities, making it a popular destination for families and individuals seeking a luxurious and active lifestyle.
Bent Tree Country Club Event Information and Dining Options
Bent Tree Country Club offers a variety of event spaces and dining options for its members and their guests. Here is an overview of some of the club’s dining options and event spaces:
- The Main Dining Room: The club’s formal dining room is ideal for special occasions, business meetings, and other formal events. The elegant room features views of the golf course and can accommodate up to 180 guests.
- The Grill: The club’s casual dining option, the Grill, offers a relaxed atmosphere for members to enjoy lunch or dinner. The Grill features a seasonal menu of salads, sandwiches, and entrees, as well as a full bar and outdoor seating area.
- The Lounge: The club’s lounge area is a great place to meet friends or colleagues for a drink or light bite. The lounge features comfortable seating, a fireplace, and a full bar.
- Private Event Spaces: Bent Tree Country Club offers a variety of private event spaces for members to host special events such as weddings, birthday parties, and business meetings. The club has several ballrooms, meeting rooms, and outdoor spaces available, each with its own unique style and amenities.
In addition to dining options, Bent Tree Country Club also hosts a variety of events throughout the year for members and their guests. These events include holiday parties, live music performances, wine tastings, and themed dinners. The club also offers a variety of social clubs and activities for members to get involved in, including a wine club, bridge club, and book club.
Overall, Bent Tree Country Club offers its members a variety of dining options and event spaces, making it a popular destination for special occasions and social gatherings.
Bent Tree Country Club Dress Code and Guest Policy
Bent Tree Country Club has a dress code policy that is intended to maintain a high standard of appearance and etiquette throughout the club’s facilities. The dress code varies depending on the area of the club, and the level of formality of the event or activity. Here is an overview of the club’s dress code policy:
- Golf Course: Proper golf attire is required on the golf course and practice areas. Men must wear collared shirts and golf slacks or shorts. Women must wear golf skirts, shorts, or slacks, as well as collared or sleeveless golf shirts. Denim, cut-off shorts, athletic shorts, and t-shirts are not allowed.
- Tennis Courts: Proper tennis attire is required on the tennis courts. Men must wear collared shirts and tennis shorts or pants. Women must wear tennis skirts or shorts, as well as tennis shirts. Running shorts, denim, and t-shirts are not allowed.
- Dining Areas: The dress code for the dining areas varies depending on the time of day and level of formality of the event. During the day, casual attire is allowed in the Grill and lounge areas. In the evening, men are required to wear collared shirts and slacks or dress shorts, while women are required to wear dresses, skirts, or dress shorts. Denim and athletic wear are not allowed.
Guests are welcome at Bent Tree Country Club, but they must be accompanied by a member. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to the club’s dress code policy and behavior guidelines. The number of guests allowed per member varies depending on the event and the area of the club. Members should check with the club’s administration for the most up-to-date guest policy.